KYOCERA's ecology commitment leads to Green designation of 99% of product
05 June 2018
As a basis of KYOCERA values, the company’s commitment to harmonious coexistence has been driven through a global environmental management system with an environment vision for 2020 – divided in three main areas: Green Products, Green Factories and Green Communication.
Since the foundation of the company, and based on the corporate motto ‘Respect the Divine and love people’, the entire KYOCERA Corporation group has been committed to environmental management and aims for sustainable corporate development – while striving to combine the goals of ecology and economy through environmentally friendly products and CSR policies.
The company aims for every product it sells to contribute to the betterment of the global environment and endeavours to raise global awareness. This is why the group has specified the Environmental Consciousness concept to guide and contribute actively to climate change prevention, resource and energy saving, and reductions in hazardous substances – and has established evaluation criteria for each product. As a result of the group's efforts, 99% of KYOCERA’s products were designated Green Products in Fiscal Year 2017 according to the last CSR Report.
Likewise, KYOCERA Document Solutions, the company that undertakes document solutions within the group, conducts environmentally conscious activities in various other aspects including longevity, 3R design (reduce, reuse and recycle), and low-consumption power design that reduces greenhouse effect gas emissions.
KYOCERA Group is part of the United Nations Global Compact, the world’s largest corporate sustainability initiative. And, as part of its ten principles, one of the main goals is to uphold green initiatives supporting a precautionary approach to environmental challenges; thereby undertaking initiatives to promote greater environmental responsibility and encouraging the development and diffusion of environmentally friendly technologies.
The initiatives carried out this past fiscal year have earned KYOCERA seven awards, one of which – the Commendation for ‘Global Warming’ which was awarded by the Japanese Environment Minister – KYOCERA has won for eight consecutive years.
About KYOCERA Document Solutions
KYOCERA Document Solutions, headquartered in Osaka, Japan, is a leading manufacturer of document imaging solutions and document management systems, including colour and monochrome multifunctional products as well as printers and wide format devices. Kyocera’s products are renowned for their unique long-life imaging components that provide greater reliability and less waste - resulting in a lower Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) over the life of the product. The KYOCERA Document Solutions portfolio does not stop at hardware. A full suite of business applications and consultative services allow customers to optimise and manage their document workflow, unleashing the full potential of their hardware investment.
KYOCERA Document Solutions Inc. is a core company of KYOCERA Corporation, the world's leading developer and manufacturer of advanced ceramics and associated products, including telecommunications equipment, semiconductor packages and electronic components. During the year ended March 31 2017, Kyocera Corporation's net sales totalled 1.42 trillion yen (approx. EUR 11.9 billion).
For more information and press-ready photos, visit https://www.kyoceradocumentsolutions.co.uk
Contact for journalists
Manager Corporate Communications
Contact for product information
- Approval of Kyocera’s Acquisition of the Ownership of H.C. Starck Ceramics GmbH complete
- Kyocera Document Solutions unveils a renewed brand identity – aligned with the iconic company’s vision for the years ahead
- Kyocera to Build New Facility in Shiga, Japan to Produce Automated Equipment for “Smart Factory”
- Kyocera is set to exhibit at Ceramics UK
- Kyocera set to present its innovations - cordierite and many other fine ceramic components - at this year’s Hannover Messe
- KYOCERA named as a leader in Western Europe smart multifunction printers by IDC MarketScape
- Kyocera Document Solutions UK awarded place on new UK Government Framework
- Kyocera and LO3 ENERGY to Demonstrate Blockchain-Managed Virtual Power Plant
- Kyocera Named Among Derwent Top 100 Global Innovators by Clarivate Analytics
- Kyocera Document Solutions UK Announces Leadership Change
- Field Information
- Kyocera Document Solutions Appoints Exertis as UK Distributor
- Kyocera to Acquire 100% Ownership of H.C. Starck Ceramics GmbH, a Germany-based Manufacturer of Advanced Ceramics
- Kyocera Document Solutions Launches New TASKalfa MFPs Targeting Further A3 Market Gains
- PUBLIC SECTOR SEES NEW REGULATIONS AS KEY TO DIGITAL TRANSFORMATION