KYOCERA's ecology commitment leads to Green designation of 99% of product
05 June 2018
As a basis of KYOCERA values, the company’s commitment to harmonious coexistence has been driven through a global environmental management system with an environment vision for 2020 – divided in three main areas: Green Products, Green Factories and Green Communication.
Since the foundation of the company, and based on the corporate motto ‘Respect the Divine and love people’, the entire KYOCERA Corporation group has been committed to environmental management and aims for sustainable corporate development – while striving to combine the goals of ecology and economy through environmentally friendly products and CSR policies.
The company aims for every product it sells to contribute to the betterment of the global environment and endeavours to raise global awareness. This is why the group has specified the Environmental Consciousness concept to guide and contribute actively to climate change prevention, resource and energy saving, and reductions in hazardous substances – and has established evaluation criteria for each product. As a result of the group's efforts, 99% of KYOCERA’s products were designated Green Products in Fiscal Year 2017 according to the last CSR Report.
Likewise, KYOCERA Document Solutions, the company that undertakes document solutions within the group, conducts environmentally conscious activities in various other aspects including longevity, 3R design (reduce, reuse and recycle), and low-consumption power design that reduces greenhouse effect gas emissions.
KYOCERA Group is part of the United Nations Global Compact, the world’s largest corporate sustainability initiative. And, as part of its ten principles, one of the main goals is to uphold green initiatives supporting a precautionary approach to environmental challenges; thereby undertaking initiatives to promote greater environmental responsibility and encouraging the development and diffusion of environmentally friendly technologies.
The initiatives carried out this past fiscal year have earned KYOCERA seven awards, one of which – the Commendation for ‘Global Warming’ which was awarded by the Japanese Environment Minister – KYOCERA has won for eight consecutive years.
About KYOCERA Document Solutions
KYOCERA Document Solutions, headquartered in Osaka, Japan, is a leading manufacturer of document imaging solutions and document management systems, including colour and monochrome multifunctional products as well as printers and wide format devices. Kyocera’s products are renowned for their unique long-life imaging components that provide greater reliability and less waste - resulting in a lower Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) over the life of the product. The KYOCERA Document Solutions portfolio does not stop at hardware. A full suite of business applications and consultative services allow customers to optimise and manage their document workflow, unleashing the full potential of their hardware investment.
KYOCERA Document Solutions Inc. is a core company of KYOCERA Corporation, the world's leading developer and manufacturer of advanced ceramics and associated products, including telecommunications equipment, semiconductor packages and electronic components. During the year ended March 31 2017, Kyocera Corporation's net sales totalled 1.42 trillion yen (approx. EUR 11.9 billion).
For more information and press-ready photos, visit https://www.kyoceradocumentsolutions.co.uk
Contact for journalists
Manager Corporate Communications
Contact for product information
- Kyocera Receives Japan’s Environment Minister’s Award for Record 9th Consecutive Year
- Kyocera to Participate in Self-Driving Bus Test Project on JR East BR Lines
- Innovative, durable, and beautiful: Kyocera presents high-quality kitchen tools demonstrating the advantages of its ceramic technology at the BBC Good Food Show in Birmingham from November 29 – December 2, 2018.
- Inamori Foundation Awards the 34th Kyoto Prize to Scientists and Artist in the Fields of "Advanced Technology", "Basic Science", and "Arts and Philosophy"
- KYOCERA reflects on integral philosophy of Founder Dr. Kazuo Inamori to respect the divine and love people
- Kyocera wins CEATEC Award for “Amcenna” IoT Antenna
- KYOCERA celebrates 27 years of sustainability at the core of operations
- Kyocera wins Supplier Award
- KYOCERA IS THE MOST RELIABLE BRAND FOR COLOUR MFPs
- Kyocera presents a firework display of innovations at the electronica 2018
- KYOCERA introduces reliable, Waterproof Branch Connector for harsh conditions of automotive electronics
- KYOCERA ANNOUNCES LAUNCH OF NEW CONTENT SERVICES TEAM
- KYOCERA to Build New Manufacturing Plant in Kanagawa, Japan for Conductive and Insulation Pastes
- KYOCERA Group to Exhibit Innovative Technologies and Products at CEATEC JAPAN 2018 Tradeshow Oct. 16-19
- KYOCERA proves environmental management sustainability through ISO 14001:2015 certification