KYOCERA continues growth in data management with acquisition of software provider Alos
10 July 2018
Hoofddorp, The Netherlands – 04 July 2018: Kyocera Document Solutions Europe has continued to build on their progress in the document management industry and is expanding their service offering with the acquisition of the German based company Alos GmbH – a proven specialist in data management.
Kyocera has completed the purchase of Alos Solution, one of the leading system providers of capture and Enterprise Content Management solutions (ECM) in German-speaking countries. Alos possess over 100 employees based in Germany and Switzerland, providing solutions to several thousand customers across the globe.
Alos has more than 60 years of experience working with clients such as Kraft, BP, AT&T and Unilever. By capitalising on Alos’ key strengths of providing intelligent data acquisition solutions through automated workflows with legally compliant archiving processes, Kyocera hopes to gain synergies from the investment alongside broader customer access.
The company will continue on an independent basis with a three-year integration process planned, reporting directly to Kyocera Document Solutions Deutschland. The acquisition is yet the latest step in Kyocera’s development in the realm of total document management, a key growth area for the company.
Takuya Marubayashi, President of Kyocera Document Solutions Europe said, “As a company we are focused on driving forward the advancement of document solutions to meet our customers modern business needs, both physical and digital, to ensure safe, effective and high quality management of processes. Alos will form part of our approach in providing tailor-made, cost-effective solutions that will complement our range of quality products and services.”
“We are convinced that the merger will benefit our customers, partners and employees,” added Alos’ GmbH Vice President, Friedhelm Schnittker. “The comprehensive Kyocera product range, paired with Alos’ scanning solutions, offers great potential. We look forward to working together to seize this opportunity for the benefit of all stakeholders."
Alos perfectly completes the Kyocera portfolio by strengthening areas such as data acquisition, Enterprise Content Management and Business Process Management by providing highly available and secure document output. The move helps Kyocera to position itself as a complete solution provider and will elevate the organisation’s success in the market in recent years in an increasingly digital world.
About KYOCERA Document Solutions
KYOCERA Document Solutions, headquartered in Osaka, Japan, is a leading manufacturer of document imaging solutions and document management systems, including colour and monochrome multifunctional products as well as printers and wide format devices. KYOCERA’s products are renowned for their unique long-life imaging components that provide greater reliability and less waste - resulting in a lower Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) over the life of the product. The KYOCERA Document Solutions portfolio does not stop at hardware. A full suite of business applications and consultative services allow customers to optimise and manage their document workflow, unleashing the full potential of their hardware investment.
KYOCERA Document Solutions Inc. is a core company of KYOCERA Corporation, the world's leading developer and manufacturer of advanced ceramics and associated products, including telecommunications equipment, semiconductor packages and electronic components. During the year ended March 31, 2018, KYOCERA Corporation's net sales totalled 1,57 trillion yen (approx. EUR 12 billion). For more information and press-ready photos, visit https://www.kyoceradocumentsolutions.eu/.
Contact for journalists
Manager Corporate Communications
Contact for product information
- Kyocera Receives Japan’s Environment Minister’s Award for Record 9th Consecutive Year
- Kyocera to Participate in Self-Driving Bus Test Project on JR East BR Lines
- Innovative, durable, and beautiful: Kyocera presents high-quality kitchen tools demonstrating the advantages of its ceramic technology at the BBC Good Food Show in Birmingham from November 29 – December 2, 2018.
- Inamori Foundation Awards the 34th Kyoto Prize to Scientists and Artist in the Fields of "Advanced Technology", "Basic Science", and "Arts and Philosophy"
- KYOCERA reflects on integral philosophy of Founder Dr. Kazuo Inamori to respect the divine and love people
- Kyocera wins CEATEC Award for “Amcenna” IoT Antenna
- KYOCERA celebrates 27 years of sustainability at the core of operations
- Kyocera wins Supplier Award
- KYOCERA IS THE MOST RELIABLE BRAND FOR COLOUR MFPs
- Kyocera presents a firework display of innovations at the electronica 2018
- KYOCERA introduces reliable, Waterproof Branch Connector for harsh conditions of automotive electronics
- KYOCERA ANNOUNCES LAUNCH OF NEW CONTENT SERVICES TEAM
- KYOCERA to Build New Manufacturing Plant in Kanagawa, Japan for Conductive and Insulation Pastes
- KYOCERA Group to Exhibit Innovative Technologies and Products at CEATEC JAPAN 2018 Tradeshow Oct. 16-19
- KYOCERA proves environmental management sustainability through ISO 14001:2015 certification