Innovative, durable, and beautiful: Kyocera presents high-quality kitchen tools demonstrating the advantages of its ceramic technology at the BBC Good Food Show in Birmingham from November 29 – December 2, 2018.
22 November 2018
Kyoto/Birmingham - In 1984, Kyocera was one of the first companies in the world to begin manufacturing and selling kitchen knives with blades made from fine ceramics. Since then, Kyocera has been continually enhancing the material technology and design of its ceramic kitchen tools, developing its product range with various colours and styles, expanding its sales network, and converting customers around the world to fans of ceramic kitchen tools. Recently the popularity of Kyocera’s knives has been growing even more rapidly, with total shipments since 1984 surpassing over 10 million units (as of March 2013).
The key to the success of Kyocera’s ceramic kitchen tools, which include knives, peelers and slicers, are blades made of Zirconia ceramic, which are extremely hard, sharp, and corrosion-free. The exceptionally sharp blades enable an ultra-precise and wafer-thin cut, and ensure extremely long-lasting cutting properties. In addition, the smell and taste of food is not altered, since no metallic ions can be transferred. The combination of ergonomic handles with the astonishingly low weight of the ceramic blade reduces the effects of fatigue, even during lengthy periods of cutting or slicing.
Furthermore, Kyocera’s long-term experience in ceramic coating technology has resulted in the development of our newest product range; the insulated travel mug collection, which features a practical and durable ceramic interior coating. This prevents metallic ion transferal into the drinks, so that the original flavor is never impaired, and effectively prevents stains or corrosion. The specialized ceramic coating also helps maintain the temperature of the beverage inside, making sure your drink stays as hot or cold as you need it to, when you need it to.
To ensure the longest lifespan for your ceramic knives, here are some useful tips:
- Ceramic knives are ideal for straight cutting of fruits, vegetables and boneless meats. Never attempt to cut frozen foods.
- Use with wooden or plastic cutting boards.
- Kyocera ceramic knives are dishwasher-safe. Make sure that the blade is not exposed to accidental impact from other items in the dishwasher.
- When cutting firm vegetables, such as cabbage or squashes, make sure never to ‘tilt’ or ‘twist’ the blade.
Contact for further product information:
Mr. Oliver Pinnow
Contact for journalists
Manager Corporate Communications
Contact for product information
- Approval of Kyocera’s Acquisition of the Ownership of H.C. Starck Ceramics GmbH complete
- Kyocera Document Solutions unveils a renewed brand identity – aligned with the iconic company’s vision for the years ahead
- Kyocera to Build New Facility in Shiga, Japan to Produce Automated Equipment for “Smart Factory”
- Kyocera is set to exhibit at Ceramics UK
- Kyocera set to present its innovations - cordierite and many other fine ceramic components - at this year’s Hannover Messe
- KYOCERA named as a leader in Western Europe smart multifunction printers by IDC MarketScape
- Kyocera Document Solutions UK awarded place on new UK Government Framework
- Kyocera and LO3 ENERGY to Demonstrate Blockchain-Managed Virtual Power Plant
- Kyocera Named Among Derwent Top 100 Global Innovators by Clarivate Analytics
- Kyocera Document Solutions UK Announces Leadership Change
- Field Information
- Kyocera Document Solutions Appoints Exertis as UK Distributor
- Kyocera to Acquire 100% Ownership of H.C. Starck Ceramics GmbH, a Germany-based Manufacturer of Advanced Ceramics
- Kyocera Document Solutions Launches New TASKalfa MFPs Targeting Further A3 Market Gains
- PUBLIC SECTOR SEES NEW REGULATIONS AS KEY TO DIGITAL TRANSFORMATION