New KYOCERA Electronic Connectors Offer World’s Highest Mating Tolerance, Withstand up to +125°C
Durable, reliable Board-to-Board connectors support new and emerging applications in automotive electronics
22 May 2018
Kyoto/London – Kyocera yesterday announced its new 5656 Series electronic Board-to-Board connectors, featuring 0.5 mm pitch and a proprietary floating structure that delivers the world’s highest mating tolerance*1 with heat resistance up to +125°C. The new connectors appropriate for use in car navigation systems, in-vehicle infotainment and millimeter wave radar, are now available to support manufacturers worldwide.
|Product name||5656 Series Board-to-Board connector|
|Applications||Automotive, industrial and consumer electronics|
|Sales target||200,000 units in the first year since the launch|
Advancements in automotive infotainment and driver-assist technologies are creating new demand for electronic connectors that meet two key requirements. First, they must operate reliably amid high temperatures; and second, they must maintain stable contact position against vibration and shock. Kyocera’s new 0.5mm-pitch Board-to-Board connectors are specifically designed for these requirements, with heat resistance up to +125°C and a proprietary floating mechanism that provides mating tolerance of ±1.0 mm (F/P*2 = 200 %) in both the X and Y directions — 2.2 times larger than Kyocera’s conventional connector products. This enhanced mating tolerance ensures reliable connections by compensating for a greater degree of location mating error and mounting slippage during assembly, as well as vibration and shock in the operating environment.
Kyocera continues to expand its automotive electronic connector line with new products offering enhanced features and performance. By providing new solutions for emerging requirements, the company aims to contribute to the advancement of the industry.
1. Floating structure provides world’s highest mating tolerance
Kyocera’s proprietary floating structure ensures reliable connections in the mated state even amid movement of up to ±1.0 mm (F/P = 200 %) in both the X and Y directions.
2. Heat resistant up to +125°C
Kyocera’s new 5656 Series connectors feature an operating temperature range of -40°C to +125°C, facilitating use in car navigation system, in-vehicle infotainment and millimeter wave radar.
3. Straight and right-angle configurations enhance design flexibility
The 5656 Series connectors are available in two configurations: a straight type that mounts perpendicular to the circuit board for vertical insertion, and a right-angle type that mounts parallel to the board for horizontal insertion.
4. Available with power terminal attached for higher current
Also available are two specialized types that meet with a wide range of requirements: the power terminals attached type accommodates high current such as power supply purpose. Combinations of signal and power pins are also available.
5. Reliable and durable amid foreign materials
The form of the area (terminals) removes foreign materials by wiping ensuring reliable connections.
6. Structure enhances mounting inspection process
The structure enables users to inspect the tail area to mount a board visually from above or by using an optical inspection device thus enhancing operation efficiency.
|No of pins||40 to 80|
|Floating volume||±1.0 mm (F/P = 200 %)|
|Height in mated state||17.0 mm (parallel mounting on the board)|
*other variations may be available later
|Packaging||400 or 500 per reel|
|Operating temperature range||-40 to +125°C (without condensation)|
|Rated current||DC 0.5 A/contact|
|Rated voltage||DC 30 V/contact|
|D.W. voltage||AC 250 Vrms/min.|
|ROHS and halogen-free||Compliant|
*1 Based on Kyocera’s research of this class of connector (as of April 30, 2018).
*2 F/P: F=Floating/P=Pitch
For more information on KYOCERA: www.kyocera.eu
Contact for technical information:
Mr. Masaki Kobayashi
Contact for journalists
Manager Corporate Communications
Contact for product information
- Kyocera Document Solutions Appoints Exertis as UK Distributor
- Kyocera to Acquire 100% Ownership of H.C. Starck Ceramics GmbH, a Germany-based Manufacturer of Advanced Ceramics
- Kyocera Document Solutions Launches New TASKalfa MFPs Targeting Further A3 Market Gains
- PUBLIC SECTOR SEES NEW REGULATIONS AS KEY TO DIGITAL TRANSFORMATION
- Sharp and sustainable: Kyocera presents its high-quality knives in new packaging
- CLA AND KYOCERA INTRODUCE NEW APP TO SIMPLIFY COPYRIGHT AND SAVE TEACHERS’ TIME
- Kyocera Receives Japan’s Environment Minister’s Award for Record 9th Consecutive Year
- Kyocera to Participate in Self-Driving Bus Test Project on JR East BR Lines
- Innovative, durable, and beautiful: Kyocera presents high-quality kitchen tools demonstrating the advantages of its ceramic technology at the BBC Good Food Show in Birmingham from November 29 – December 2, 2018.
- Inamori Foundation Awards the 34th Kyoto Prize to Scientists and Artist in the Fields of "Advanced Technology", "Basic Science", and "Arts and Philosophy"
- KYOCERA reflects on integral philosophy of Founder Dr. Kazuo Inamori to respect the divine and love people
- Kyocera wins CEATEC Award for “Amcenna” IoT Antenna
- KYOCERA celebrates 27 years of sustainability at the core of operations
- Kyocera wins Supplier Award
- KYOCERA IS THE MOST RELIABLE BRAND FOR COLOUR MFPs