KYOCERA Launches 0.5 mm-Pitch FPC/FFC Connectors with automated and visual checks to prevent misalignment
New 6892 Series offers resistance to high temperatures and high-speed transmission capability to enhance performance of automotive electronics
06 August 2018
Kyoto/London – Kyocera today announced its 0.5 mm-pitch flexible printed circuit (FPC) and flat flexible cable (FFC) electronic connectors with improved quality assurance (QA) checks – both visual and automated optical inspections (AOI) – to prevent misalignment. Kyocera’s new 6892 Series connectors also feature an operating range from -40°C to +125°C and high-speed transmission making them ideal for automobile applications. The new connectors are available globally in August 2018.
|Product name||6892 Series FPC/FFC connector|
|Applications||Automotive electronics, OA equipment, industrial and consumer electronics, etc.|
With the increasing use of electronics in vehicles such as Advanced Driver Assistance System (ADAS) and connected cars, the performance of automotive electronics is improving. This trend pushes the demand for connectors offering high-speed transmission capability to be used for in-vehicle infotainment, vehicle-mounted cameras, and radars, as well as reliability and optimal performance under harsh environments such as vibration and extreme temperatures.
Kyocera aims to contribute to the evolution of the automotive industry by expanding its lineup with FPC/FFC connectors featuring heat resistance and high-speed transmission capability to meet the industry’s growing technology requirements.
Kyocera’s new 0.5 mm-pitch FPC/FFC connectors correspond to the high-speed transmission interfaces of V-by-One® HS and CalDriCon®. The V-by-One® HS reaches up to 3.75 Gbps maximum speed.
1. Visual checks and AOI to prevent misalignment
The 6892 Series’ design enables users to easily confirm quality assurance by both visual checks and AOI. As seen below, windows on the actuator enable users to confirm insertion status and the actuator is unable to close until the FPC/FFC is in the correct position, preventing misalignment.
i. The windows on both sides of the actuator allow a visual check for proper insertion.
2. Supports automated assembly line to enhance operation efficiency
The 6892 Series is suitable for robotic insertion and contributes to improving the operating efficiency in the manufacturing process.
3. Excellent design to protect FPC/FFC
The design of the new connector makes the center tip of an insulator go into windows of an actuator, which makes it difficult to break the locking section even when forcedly pulling the FPC/FFC.
4. Wide operating range from -40℃ to +125℃
The new 6892 Series features a wide operating temperature range from -40°C to +125°C, making them ideal for the extreme temperatures required for automotive and industrial applications. The commodity type for consumer equipment applications with a heat resistance up to +105°C will also be available.
5. Complies with high-speed serial interface standards V-by-One®HS and CalDriCon®
The 6892 Series corresponds to V-by-One®HS and CalDriCon®, the high-speed interfaces. V-by-One®HS achieves 3.75 Gbps maximum speed.
6. Accommodates shielded FFCs with grand terminals
The 6892 Series accommodates shielded FFCs with grand terminals that optimize high-frequency by impedance matching and reduce the effect of noise.
|No. of positions||30 to 68|
|Height||2.2 ± 0.15 mm|
|Locking type||Flip lock|
|FPC/FFC thickness||(Signal) 0.3 ± 0.05 mm|
(Ground) 0.5 ± 0.05 mm
|Operating temperature range||-40 to +125°C|
-40 to +105°C (commodity type)
|Rated current||DC 0.5 A/Contact|
|Rated voltage||DC 50 V/Contact|
|D.W. voltage||AC 200 Vrms/min.|
|Materials||Copper alloy / Heat-resistant plastic|
|RoHS and halogen-free||Compliant|
“V-by-One” and “CalDriCon” are registered trademarks of THine Electronics, Inc.
For more information on KYOCERA: www.kyocera.eu
Contact for technical information:
Mr. Masaki Kobayashi
Contact for journalists
Manager Corporate Communications
Contact for product information
- Kyocera to Acquire SouthernCarlson, Inc., a US-based Distributor of Fasteners, Tools, and Packaging
- Kyocera Display Europe GmbH becomes Kyocera Automotive and Industrial Solutions GmbH
- Approval of Kyocera’s Acquisition of the Ownership of H.C. Starck Ceramics GmbH complete
- Kyocera Document Solutions unveils a renewed brand identity – aligned with the iconic company’s vision for the years ahead
- Kyocera to Build New Facility in Shiga, Japan to Produce Automated Equipment for “Smart Factory”
- Kyocera is set to exhibit at Ceramics UK
- Kyocera set to present its innovations - cordierite and many other fine ceramic components - at this year’s Hannover Messe
- KYOCERA named as a leader in Western Europe smart multifunction printers by IDC MarketScape
- Kyocera Document Solutions UK awarded place on new UK Government Framework
- Kyocera and LO3 ENERGY to Demonstrate Blockchain-Managed Virtual Power Plant
- Kyocera Named Among Derwent Top 100 Global Innovators by Clarivate Analytics
- Kyocera Document Solutions UK Announces Leadership Change
- Field Information
- Kyocera Document Solutions Appoints Exertis as UK Distributor
- Kyocera to Acquire 100% Ownership of H.C. Starck Ceramics GmbH, a Germany-based Manufacturer of Advanced Ceramics