KYOCERA introduces a new 12.1” WXGA LCD Module for Off Highway Applications
Features Advanced Wide Viewing Technology and 1000 cd/m² for best optical performance
19 September 2018
Kyoto/London – The Japanese technology corporation Kyocera, a leading manufacturer in the field of electronic devices, is expanding its range with a new 12.1" TFT module with Advanced Wide View technology and 1000 cd/m² brightness for off-highway applications. The display is therefore precisely adapted to the new requirements in construction machines and tractors: The range of software menus is rapidly expanding and the work cabins are generously glazed. The ISO Bus terminals used therefore require a larger display area with high performance visibility in order to be able to display the menu legibly in all operating situations. Reflections must not interfere.
The new Kyocera 12.1” TFT-LCD (part number: TCG121WXLPAPNN-AN*65) has a resolution of 1280 x 800 pixels, with outline dimensions of 277.7 mm x 182.5 mm x 9.8 mm, and an active display area of 261.1 mm x 163.2 mm. It provides brightness of 1000 cd/m2 with a contrast ratio of 750:1 and viewing angle of 170 degrees. Thanks to Kyocera's Advanced Wide View technology, the module can be rotated either horizontally or vertically. The wide viewing angle and high contrast are retained.
It also features a LVDS interface, an operating temperature range of -30 to +80⁰C and a storage temperature range of -30 to +80⁰C. In addition, the new Kyocera display module fits well into compact product designs: no additional components are required for backlighting. The use of effective LEDs also ensures that the heat loss is greatly reduced, so that installation in a closed device is trouble-free. "Loss of heat due to bright backlight LEDs leads to service life problems in closed devices. Kyocera increased the reliability by using more effective components," explains Eberhard Schill, Manager Marketing and Distribution at Kyocera Display Europe GmbH.
The highly effective Kyocera constant current LED driver with a dimming rate of 1 percent to 100 percent by pulse width modulation (PWM) is also integrated. In addition to the new Kyocera TCG121WXLPAPNN-AN*65 module, the compatible TCG121WXLPAPNN-AN20 with 500 cd/m² is also available for series gradation.
With nearly 40 years of experience in innovative LCD technologies, Kyocera is a preferred supplier for industrial, automotive and medical displays. The Japanese company is actively engaged in the development of environmentally friendly products and is working to reduce the use of environmentally harmful materials in industry. Naturally, the products comply with the EU directive on the use of hazardous materials RoHS (Restriction of Hazardous Substances).
For more information on KYOCERA: www.kyocera.eu
Contact for technical information:
Dr. Matthias Neundorf
Contact for journalists
Manager Corporate Communications
Contact for product information
- Kyocera Document Solutions Appoints Exertis as UK Distributor
- Kyocera to Acquire 100% Ownership of H.C. Starck Ceramics GmbH, a Germany-based Manufacturer of Advanced Ceramics
- Kyocera Document Solutions Launches New TASKalfa MFPs Targeting Further A3 Market Gains
- PUBLIC SECTOR SEES NEW REGULATIONS AS KEY TO DIGITAL TRANSFORMATION
- Sharp and sustainable: Kyocera presents its high-quality knives in new packaging
- CLA AND KYOCERA INTRODUCE NEW APP TO SIMPLIFY COPYRIGHT AND SAVE TEACHERS’ TIME
- Kyocera Receives Japan’s Environment Minister’s Award for Record 9th Consecutive Year
- Kyocera to Participate in Self-Driving Bus Test Project on JR East BR Lines
- Innovative, durable, and beautiful: Kyocera presents high-quality kitchen tools demonstrating the advantages of its ceramic technology at the BBC Good Food Show in Birmingham from November 29 – December 2, 2018.
- Inamori Foundation Awards the 34th Kyoto Prize to Scientists and Artist in the Fields of "Advanced Technology", "Basic Science", and "Arts and Philosophy"
- KYOCERA reflects on integral philosophy of Founder Dr. Kazuo Inamori to respect the divine and love people
- Kyocera wins CEATEC Award for “Amcenna” IoT Antenna
- KYOCERA celebrates 27 years of sustainability at the core of operations
- Kyocera wins Supplier Award
- KYOCERA IS THE MOST RELIABLE BRAND FOR COLOUR MFPs