KYOCERA Has Acquired 100% Ownership of SENCO, a U.S.-based Manufacturer of Fastening Tools and Fasteners
Acquisition expands KYOCERA’s fastening tools business in residential, commercial, manufacturing and construction applications
08 August 2017
Kyoto/London – Kyocera Corporation (President: Hideo Tanimoto) announced that it has acquired 100% ownership of fastener and tool manufacturer SENCO Holdings, Inc. (CEO: Benjamin Johansen), based in Cincinnati, Ohio, as of August 7. The enterprise has been renamed KYOCERA SENCO Industrial Tools, Inc.
SENCO, established in 1948, is a leader in creating fasteners and power fastening tools for residential, commercial, manufacturing and construction applications. SENCO is renowned for its excellent product quality and diverse line, which includes pneumatic and electric nailers, staplers, screw systems and compressors, as well as nails, staples, screws and specialty fasteners. SENCO’s manufacturing and marketing are concentrated in the U.S. and Europe, with products sold in more than 40 countries worldwide.
Kyocera entered the industrial tools market in the 1970s with a line of high-speed metal processing tools, and has steadily expanded into precision tools for electronics, aerospace, automotive, medical and woodworking applications. Kyocera’s 2011 acquisition of the Unimerco Group in Europe (now Kyocera Unimerco) added a fastening tool product line that promises excellent synergies with SENCO’s longstanding expertise in the fastening tools and fasteners market. With the acquisition of SENCO, Kyocera plans to increase its sales of fastening tools and fasteners to JPY40 billion (about 362 million USD) by the fiscal year ending March 31, 2021.
About SENCO Holdings, Inc.
|Company name||SENCO Holdings, Inc.|
|CEO||Benjamin C. Johansen|
|Global headquarters||Cincinnati, Ohio, U.S.A.|
|Main business||Manufacture and sales of power fastening tools and fasteners|
|Employees||569 (as of March 31, 2017)|
Contact for journalists
Manager Corporate Communications
Contact for product information
- KYOCERA continues growth in data management with acquisition of software provider Alos
- Sharp, sharper, Shin White
- KYOCERA BOOSTS CUSTOMER EXPERIENCE WITH AMAZON DASH REPLENISHMENT INTEGRATION
- High tech meets the perfect steak: KYOCERA presents steak knives with sharp and long-lasting ceramic blades
- KYOCERA designs and manufactures new ultra-small robust ceramic UHF RFID Tag to trace surgical instruments for the Medical Market
- KYOCERA to Participate in Japan’s Virtual Power Plant Project to Improve Energy Management
- Announcement of the 2018 Kyoto Prize Laureates
- KYOCERA's ecology commitment leads to Green designation of 99% of product
- New KYOCERA Electronic Connectors Offer World’s Highest Mating Tolerance, Withstand up to +125°C
- KYOCERA TCL Solar Completes 29.2MW Solar Power Plant on Repurposed Land in Japan
- KYOCERA’s New Industrial Cutting Tool with Ultra-Durable Coating Materials Maximizes Steel Cutting Performance
- KYOCERA offers sustainable and premium-quality coffee enjoyment with the new Coffee Grinder EG-70CF
- KYOCERA Enters into License Agreement with Bosch
- KYOCERA exhibited Fine Ceramic Components at Germany’s Hannover Messe
- KYOCERA Named Among Top 100 Global Innovators by Clarivate Analytics