KYOCERA exhibits its latest innovations in the cutting tools sector at EMO Milan 2015
29 September 2015
Kyoto/Neuss – The Japanese ceramics specialist Kyocera will presents its new solutions for the Cutting Tools sector at the upcoming EMO trade fair: Si3N4 ceramic insert grades for cast iron milling, KS6030 - SiAION ceramics for finishing to medium cutting of heat resistant alloy and the special made MAGIC DRILL DRX drills made in Europe. 4TFK and 4TFR - high efficiency end mills for difficult-to-cut materials.
Italy will host the 2015 edition of EMO, the world leading machine tool exhibition that runs every two years in Hannover and Milan alternatively. The exhibition will take place from the 5th to the 10th of October at the prestigious exhibition centre of fieramilano. Kyocera’s booth can be found in Hall 10, booth A18/B09.
New Si3N4 ceramic insert grades for cast iron milling
Ceramic grades for high speed and high efficiency machining KS6050/CS7050 are added to MFK indexable milling cutter for cast iron, a milling system that allows machinists to reduce costs and improve their milling operations. KS6050 is the first choice for cast iron showing high fracture resistance at interrupted cut.
CS7050 is recommended first for ductile cast iron. Its wear resistance improve-ment due to high coating adhesion is perfect for high speed cutting.
KS6030 - New SiAION ceramics for finishing to medium cutting of heat resistant alloy
This new ceramics for turning application shows superior wear and fracture resistance and is highly resistant to burrs and chipping. It is also applicable to milling operation. It complements the KS6040 which is also a SiAlON ceramic grade for roughing (heat resistant alloy). It provides also excellent wear and fracture resistance and performs good in low speed (100-300m/min) condition.
MAGIC DRILL DRX drills: Custom made tools from Europe
The Kyocera Unimerco Group offers its customers a special service since May 2015: Production of custom indexable inserts and tool holders, which offer precise solutions for customers’ individual requirements. From this EMO on, Kyocera offers its MAGIC DRILL DRX drills in special dimension and as step drills (using ISO inserts at the step).
Available diameter from ø13.5 mm and higher. You can choose if you need Integrated cone – e.g. HSK & Capto, what insert type and internal coolant when needed.
4TFK/4TFR - High efficiency end mill for difficult-to-cut materials
Kyoceras new 4TFK/4TFR end mill series provides the best solution for Titanium machining. The 4TFK/4FTR are high efficiency end mill for difficult-to-cut materials, providing excellent chip evacuation at high feed by wide chip pocket and large rake angle. Stable and long tool life are possible thanks to Kyoceras original PVD coating technology MEGACOAT NANO.
Contact for journalists
Manager Corporate Communications
Contact for product information
- High tech meets the perfect steak: KYOCERA presents steak knives with sharp and long-lasting ceramic blades
- KYOCERA designs and manufactures new ultra-small robust ceramic UHF RFID Tag to trace surgical instruments for the Medical Market
- KYOCERA to Participate in Japan’s Virtual Power Plant Project to Improve Energy Management
- Announcement of the 2018 Kyoto Prize Laureates
- KYOCERA's ecology commitment leads to Green designation of 99% of product
- New KYOCERA Electronic Connectors Offer World’s Highest Mating Tolerance, Withstand up to +125°C
- KYOCERA TCL Solar Completes 29.2MW Solar Power Plant on Repurposed Land in Japan
- KYOCERA’s New Industrial Cutting Tool with Ultra-Durable Coating Materials Maximizes Steel Cutting Performance
- KYOCERA offers sustainable and premium-quality coffee enjoyment with the new Coffee Grinder EG-70CF
- KYOCERA Enters into License Agreement with Bosch
- KYOCERA exhibited Fine Ceramic Components at Germany’s Hannover Messe
- KYOCERA Named Among Top 100 Global Innovators by Clarivate Analytics
- KYOCERA Introduces New LCD Panels for Automotive Head-Up-Displays
- KYOCERA Files Suit Against Preh GmbH for Potential Infringement of Haptic Feedback Technology Patent
- KYOCERA to Build New Plant in Kagoshima, Japan, for Ceramic Microelectronic Packages