Kyocera Document Solutions Launches New TASKalfa MFPs Targeting Further A3 Market Gains
04 February 2019
Information security, user experience and high-resolution graphics boosted
London, UK, 4th February 2019: With the launch of 7 new TASKalfa™ SRA3 MFPs - five colour and two mono - KYOCERA Document Solutions aims to build on its leadership in the A3 print market.
The new MFPs succeed a range of market leading, multi-award-winning models, and will build on their proven strengths of reliability, productivity and sustainability by targeting information security, user experience and high-resolution graphics reproduction.
KYOCERA machines dominate the fastest growing, 31-44 ppm A3 colour market segment, with a 23% share and two machines in the top three sales positions. Sales in the broader A3 colour MFP market have grown by 62% over the last 5 years, boosting it to 5th place overall with a market share of 10%, in sometimes challenging market conditions.
“We’re anticipating market needs and responding to our customers’ desires with this new generation of machines,” explains Trevor Maloney, Product Marketing Manager at KYOCERA Document Solutions UK Ltd. “We’re the biggest player in the fastest growing A3 market segment for three good reasons - productivity, reliability and sustainability. This new generation of machines gives customers a few more good reasons to choose Kyocera.”
The new MFPs improve on the old in three key areas. In the post GDPR era, information security is more important than ever and so the new machines come with IEEE 2600.2 compliance built in, and KYOCERA’s innovative Data Security Kit - which encrypts data as it is written to the hard disk and permanently deletes all data after a job is completed - as standard.
User experience and productivity are also significantly improved. There is a new 10.1-inch full colour touchscreen hosting a tablet-like common user interface. Mobile printing and BYOD are fully supported through features such as IB35 direct wireless interface, with Apple Airprint, Google Print and NFC as standard. The new MFPs also display ‘instant readiness’. Motion sensing and a custom designed Kyocera print engine combine to wake the machine from sleep mode (... zero watts consumption) in anticipation of an approaching user. And a new 270 page document scanner uses ultrasound to deliver faultless scanning at up to 220 pages per minute.
Finally, this new generation of MFPs confidently targets the creative community including design, reprographics and prepress studios. They deliver a wider colour gamut than predecessors, powered by new toner technology that generates smaller, more uniform toner particles for improved definition and vividness. High resolution - 1200 x 1200 x 2 bit - printing is standard output. Full bleed A3 printing is supported, as is printing with crop marks, on stock up to 300 gsm.
Not forgetting the building blocks of Kyocera TASKalfa A3 success. All of the machines can be easily integrated into existing workflows and tailored to meet the specific needs of an organisation by using KYOCERA’s open software platform, HyPAS™. Reliability is legendary, as evidenced by the BLI ‘Most Reliable Copier Brand’ awarded 2018-2021. Sustainability and environmental performance is outstanding. For instance, 30% of plastic parts come from recycled materials and 99% of plastic parts are recyclable. The print drum last up to 600,000 impressions, reducing landfill. And low toner melting points, zero power standby and other innovations mean these devices continue to set benchmarks for sustainability and reduced waste.
About KYOCERA Document Solutions UK
KYOCERA Document Solutions UK provides a mix of hardware, software, apps and services, which help businesses to save money and work more effectively. It is a core company of KYOCERA Corporation, the world's leading developer and manufacturer of advanced ceramics and associated products, including telecommunications equipment, semiconductor packages and electronic components.
The KYOCERA Document Solutions product family includes the environmental ECOSYS desktop range and highly reliable, intelligent TASKalfa devices. All complemented by genuine consumables, cost saving software and added-value services. Its products are renowned for their unique long-life imaging components that provide greater reliability and less waste - resulting in a lower Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) over the life of the product.
For more information go to: https://www.kyoceradocumentsolutions.co.uk/
Contact for journalists
Manager Corporate Communications
Contact for product information
- Kyocera to Acquire Advanced Ceramic Business of Germany-based Friatec GmbH
- Kyocera to Acquire SouthernCarlson, Inc., a US-based Distributor of Fasteners, Tools, and Packaging
- Kyocera Display Europe GmbH becomes Kyocera Automotive and Industrial Solutions GmbH
- Approval of Kyocera’s Acquisition of the Ownership of H.C. Starck Ceramics GmbH complete
- Kyocera Document Solutions unveils a renewed brand identity – aligned with the iconic company’s vision for the years ahead
- Kyocera to Build New Facility in Shiga, Japan to Produce Automated Equipment for “Smart Factory”
- Kyocera is set to exhibit at Ceramics UK
- Kyocera set to present its innovations - cordierite and many other fine ceramic components - at this year’s Hannover Messe
- KYOCERA named as a leader in Western Europe smart multifunction printers by IDC MarketScape
- Kyocera Document Solutions UK awarded place on new UK Government Framework
- Kyocera and LO3 ENERGY to Demonstrate Blockchain-Managed Virtual Power Plant
- Kyocera Named Among Derwent Top 100 Global Innovators by Clarivate Analytics
- Kyocera Document Solutions UK Announces Leadership Change
- Field Information
- Kyocera Document Solutions Appoints Exertis as UK Distributor