Kyocera Document Solutions UK Announces Leadership Change
Departure of Hironao Katsukura on 1st April 2019 sees Rod Tonna-Barthet take the helm
01 March 2019
London, UK, 1st March 2019: KYOCERA Document Solutions UK (KDUK), one of the world’s leading document solutions companies, has announced that the current President, Hironao Katsukura, returns to Japan in April 2019 to assume a senior corporate role with KYOCERA Document Solutions, Inc.
Hironao Katsukura commented: “I have enjoyed my time in KDUK immensely and would like to thank KDUK’s channel partners for their strong support of the Kyocera business. At the same time, I would like to thank everyone in the organisation who has worked so diligently to help grow and transform the business into the world class document solutions and ICT business that it is today. KDUK enjoys a fantastic reputation for innovation and customer excellence, built on the dedication and skills of an amazing workforce underpinned by our culture and philosophy, and I know that I am leaving the organisation in the very safe hands of Rod and the leadership team.”
Rod Tonna-Barthet, said: “I would like to wholeheartedly thank Mr Katsukura for his seven years of contribution to KYOCERA Document Solutions in EMEA, the last five of which have seen him provide outstanding leadership and vision here in the UK, helping to transform our business to ensure we continue to provide significant value to all our clients. Under Mr Katsukura’s leadership, the organisation has been transformed with the acquisition and subsequent integration of both MCL and Annodata’s direct print, ICT, UC and Mobile business and in doing so has seen the organisation grow from £78m to £144m. With a combination of his expert stewardship continued focus on the promotion of the KYOCERA Culture and Philosophy, combined with the development of our world class, award winning hardware and software services, I am proud that KDUK has become a recognised leader in its field. The business owes him a huge debt of gratitude.”
Mr Katsukura was educated in Japan, graduating in 1990. He joined KYOCERA, working in a variety of sales positions until he moved to Europe in 1997 to assume a role in the Export Division. In 2004 he returned to Japan spending four years in charge of Business Development Sales to Strategic Partners in America, China and Japan. He then became General Manager in charge of KYOCERA’s Sales Division supporting the company’s subsidiaries in America, Asia, Europe and Japan. In 2012 he returned to Europe to head up KYOCERA’s European Corporate Sales Division supporting its 16 sales companies, before becoming President and GM of the UK business in 2014.
Following a transition period over the last 12 months and concluding at the end of March 2019, the KYOCERA Document Solutions UK business will continue to be led by Rod Tonna-Barthet, who commented “It is a great honour to be leading the Group. I look forward to continuing with our mission to build on our Philosophy and core values and significantly increase the innovative service proposition that our partners and direct clients have come to know us for. I look forward to continuing to build on the strong legacy left by Mr Katsukura and establish ourselves as a world class print, communications, content and IT managed services provider.”
About KYOCERA Document Solutions UK
KYOCERA Document Solutions UK provides a mix of hardware, software, apps and services, which help businesses to save money and work more effectively. It is a core company of KYOCERA Corporation, the world's leading developer and manufacturer of advanced ceramics and associated products, including telecommunications equipment, semiconductor packages and electronic components.
The KYOCERA Document Solutions product family includes the environmental ECOSYS desktop range and highly reliable, intelligent TASKalfa devices. All complemented by genuine consumables, cost saving software and added-value services. Its products are renowned for their unique long-life imaging components that provide greater reliability and less waste - resulting in a lower Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) over the life of the product.
For more information go to: https://www.kyoceradocumentsolutions.co.uk
Contact for journalists
Manager Corporate Communications
Contact for product information
- Kyocera to Acquire SouthernCarlson, Inc., a US-based Distributor of Fasteners, Tools, and Packaging
- Kyocera Display Europe GmbH becomes Kyocera Automotive and Industrial Solutions GmbH
- Approval of Kyocera’s Acquisition of the Ownership of H.C. Starck Ceramics GmbH complete
- Kyocera Document Solutions unveils a renewed brand identity – aligned with the iconic company’s vision for the years ahead
- Kyocera to Build New Facility in Shiga, Japan to Produce Automated Equipment for “Smart Factory”
- Kyocera is set to exhibit at Ceramics UK
- Kyocera set to present its innovations - cordierite and many other fine ceramic components - at this year’s Hannover Messe
- KYOCERA named as a leader in Western Europe smart multifunction printers by IDC MarketScape
- Kyocera Document Solutions UK awarded place on new UK Government Framework
- Kyocera and LO3 ENERGY to Demonstrate Blockchain-Managed Virtual Power Plant
- Kyocera Named Among Derwent Top 100 Global Innovators by Clarivate Analytics
- Kyocera Document Solutions UK Announces Leadership Change
- Field Information
- Kyocera Document Solutions Appoints Exertis as UK Distributor
- Kyocera to Acquire 100% Ownership of H.C. Starck Ceramics GmbH, a Germany-based Manufacturer of Advanced Ceramics