Kyocera Document Solutions Appoints Exertis as UK Distributor
First change to distribution line-up for more than 10 years
07 February 2019
London, UK, 6th February 2019: KYOCERA Document Solutions UK (KDUK), one of the world’s leading document solutions companies, has renewed its commitment to the office print market with the appointment of Exertis as its first new distribution partner in more than ten years.
The agreement, which will see Exertis distribute KYOCERA’s hardware, software and apps, expands on an existing relationship in which Exertis has supplied genuine KYOCERA consumables since 2004. It marks another pivotal development for KYOCERA in the UK, following the successful integration of Annodata and MCL, and the subsequent launch of a range of new service offerings aimed at meeting the demands of businesses and creating new revenue opportunities for partners.
KYOCERA Document Solutions UK has continued to thrive within its core hardware business. As an example, KYOCERA’s sales within the UK&IE Laser A3 Colour MFP 21-90ppm market over the past five years have grown by 46% in a market that grew by only 4%, with market share increasing from 7% in 2014 to 10% in 2018. This has, naturally, led to bold targets for further growth, with Exertis joining existing distribution partners Midwich and Ingram Micro to support the ambition to double KYOCERA Document Solutions’ hardware revenue through this channel over the next three years.
Rod Barthet, CEO KDUK and Annodata said: “As some of our competitors abandon this market, we’re proud to be increasing our commitment and, once again, investing in the channel to help us to achieve our ambitions. Our strategy and vision is to build on our core values and significantly increase the service proposition that partners have come to know us for, while bringing added value to them wherever possible. Adding Exertis to the distribution portfolio does exactly that, giving partners further choice in terms of service levels, value-add, price and commercial agreements.”
“We are pleased to add KYOCERA to our portfolio. It provides our resellers with an excellent range of products that are renowned for their quality, reliability and low total cost of ownership. Their document management solutions bring innovation and increased productivity to SMB and enterprise office environments by automating the workflow and capturing documents efficiently and securely,” said Alistair Coyne, Exertis, general manager, print. “With our dedicated print team and value-added services, we look forward to growing the KYOCERA opportunity with our extensive reseller network.”
“When choosing a new distribution partner, it was important for us to find one that would support our ambitious growth targets and expand our reach, whilst also delivering real value to our reseller customers,” added Peter Lunn, Sales Director (Indirect) for KDUK.
Moya Kelleher, Head of IT Channel Sales for KDUK said: “Having maintained our distribution structure for the past ten years this certainly isn’t a decision we’ve taken lightly. The opportunity to reach an extensive community of Exertis partners to either introduce or re-introduce KYOCERA to them is hugely appealing, and we look forward to a successful partnership.”
About KYOCERA Document Solutions UK
KYOCERA Document Solutions UK provides a mix of hardware, software, apps and services, which help businesses to save money and work more effectively. It is a core company of KYOCERA Corporation, the world's leading developer and manufacturer of advanced ceramics and associated products, including telecommunications equipment, semiconductor packages and electronic components.
The KYOCERA Document Solutions product family includes the environmental ECOSYS desktop range and highly reliable, intelligent TASKalfa devices. All complemented by genuine consumables, cost saving software and added-value services. Its products are renowned for their unique long-life imaging components that provide greater reliability and less waste - resulting in a lower Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) over the life of the product.
For more information go to: https://www.kyoceradocumentsolutions.co.uk
Contact for journalists
Manager Corporate Communications
Contact for product information
- Kyocera to Acquire SouthernCarlson, Inc., a US-based Distributor of Fasteners, Tools, and Packaging
- Kyocera Display Europe GmbH becomes Kyocera Automotive and Industrial Solutions GmbH
- Approval of Kyocera’s Acquisition of the Ownership of H.C. Starck Ceramics GmbH complete
- Kyocera Document Solutions unveils a renewed brand identity – aligned with the iconic company’s vision for the years ahead
- Kyocera to Build New Facility in Shiga, Japan to Produce Automated Equipment for “Smart Factory”
- Kyocera is set to exhibit at Ceramics UK
- Kyocera set to present its innovations - cordierite and many other fine ceramic components - at this year’s Hannover Messe
- KYOCERA named as a leader in Western Europe smart multifunction printers by IDC MarketScape
- Kyocera Document Solutions UK awarded place on new UK Government Framework
- Kyocera and LO3 ENERGY to Demonstrate Blockchain-Managed Virtual Power Plant
- Kyocera Named Among Derwent Top 100 Global Innovators by Clarivate Analytics
- Kyocera Document Solutions UK Announces Leadership Change
- Field Information
- Kyocera Document Solutions Appoints Exertis as UK Distributor
- Kyocera to Acquire 100% Ownership of H.C. Starck Ceramics GmbH, a Germany-based Manufacturer of Advanced Ceramics