KYOCERA proves environmental management sustainability through ISO 14001:2015 certification
02 October 2018
KYOCERA Document Solutions one of the UK's leading document solutions companies, has earned the ISO 14001:2015 certificate. The new certification demonstrates the organisation’s strong credentials in ensuring that environmental sustainability is central to its strategy, and is guided by the philosophy of KYOCERA’s founder, Dr. Kazuo Inamori.
KYOCERA Document Solutions has long had the environment at the heart of its business, aiming to reduce energy and material consumption and also offers a recycling programme for toner products. Even through a period of rapid growth and expansion, such attitudes remain a priority and the ISO 14001:2015 certification is just the latest recognition of the company’s environmental sustainability plan.
“Ensuring that we operate in an environmentally responsible way is one of the most important goals we face as an organisation, and one that we are committed to prioritising as we improve and innovate to allow for further developments,” said Takuya Marubayashi, President of KYOCERA Document Solutions Europe.
“There is no planet B and the ISO 14001:2015 certification is evidence of our fundamental focus on caring for our planet through sustainable actions such as using resources more efficiently whilst reducing waste.”
Controlling the processes across the regions in which the organisation operates, KYOCERA Document Solutions continues treating the environment with respect while proactively working towards ensuring optimal working conditions for all staff and contractors. This is shown in several initiatives, such as the goal to reduce CO2 emissions and the “Toner Take Back” recycling program. This toner program on average results in over 600,000kg of empty toners being collected across Europe and aims to ensure that KYOCERA products are managed in a sustainable way from product development to end of life. Such initiatives are in-line with the company philosophy of “doing the right thing as a human being” and striving to make the world a better place.
Communicating the goal to continue being a more ecological organisation has further enabled KYOCERA Document Solutions to make strides with its Environmental Policy and initiatives, all of which are available to its employees and any member of the public.
Looking towards the company’s product portfolio, a core focus remains on digital document management that aims to optimise business workflows. This has been pivotal to the company’s on-going digital transformation development which has allowed automated systems to fuel efficiencies within the company whilst benefitting the environment as a whole.
Having obtained the ISO 14001 certification for the first time in 2007, the latest recognition reflects the organisation’s continued efforts of remaining sustainable as a key priority alongside its growth across Europe, the Middle East and Africa. With new and on-going operations, KYOCERA has shown its desire to remain environmentally friendly in all of its endeavours leading up to the 27th anniversary of the establishment of KYOCERA’s landmark Environmental Charter in October.
About KYOCERA Document Solutions
KYOCERA Document Solutions, headquartered in Osaka, Japan, is a leading manufacturer of document imaging solutions and document management systems, including colour and monochrome multifunctional products as well as printers and wide format devices. KYOCERA’s products are renowned for their unique long-life imaging components that provide greater reliability and less waste - resulting in a lower Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) over the life of the product. The KYOCERA Document Solutions portfolio does not stop at hardware. A full suite of business applications and consultative services allow customers to optimise and manage their document workflow, unleashing the full potential of their hardware investment.
KYOCERA Document Solutions Inc. is a core company of KYOCERA Corporation, the world's leading developer and manufacturer of advanced ceramics and associated products, including telecommunications equipment, semiconductor packages and electronic components. During the year ended March 31 2018, KYOCERA Corporation's net sales totalled 1.42 trillion yen (approx. EUR 11.9 billion).
For more information and press-ready photos, visit https://www.kyoceradocumentsolutions.eu/.
Contact for journalists
Manager Corporate Communications
Contact for product information
- Kyocera Targets 30 % Greenhouse Gas Reduction by 2030, Recognized by Science Based Targets Initiative
- Kyocera and BYD Japan to Collaborate on Integrated Energy System for Electric Vehicles
- Announcement of the 2019 Kyoto Prize Laureates
- Kyocera to Acquire Advanced Ceramic Business of Germany-based Friatec GmbH
- Kyocera to Acquire SouthernCarlson, Inc., a US-based Distributor of Fasteners, Tools, and Packaging
- Kyocera Display Europe GmbH becomes Kyocera Automotive and Industrial Solutions GmbH
- Approval of Kyocera’s Acquisition of the Ownership of H.C. Starck Ceramics GmbH complete
- Kyocera Document Solutions unveils a renewed brand identity – aligned with the iconic company’s vision for the years ahead
- Kyocera to Build New Facility in Shiga, Japan to Produce Automated Equipment for “Smart Factory”
- Kyocera is set to exhibit at Ceramics UK
- Kyocera set to present its innovations - cordierite and many other fine ceramic components - at this year’s Hannover Messe
- KYOCERA named as a leader in Western Europe smart multifunction printers by IDC MarketScape
- Kyocera Document Solutions UK awarded place on new UK Government Framework
- Kyocera and LO3 ENERGY to Demonstrate Blockchain-Managed Virtual Power Plant
- Kyocera Named Among Derwent Top 100 Global Innovators by Clarivate Analytics