KYOCERA founder Dr Kazuo Inamori to open inaugural Kyoto Prize at Oxford lectures
08 May 2017
Oxford, United Kingdom, 8 May 2017 – One of the world’s most respected leaders and philanthropists – KYOCERA founder and chairman emeritus Dr Kazuo Inamori – will honour a group of leading academics and dignitaries on Tuesday by opening the inaugural Kyoto Prize lectures at Oxford University.
His opening lecture, titled ‘From a Society of Greed to a Society of Altruism’, marks the start of a two day programme of events which gathers together Kyoto Prize Laureates for lectures borne on the guiding principles of the award: to honour those who have contributed significantly to the scientific, cultural, and spiritual betterment of humankind.
The prestigious Kyoto Prize, first awarded in 1985, honours those who have excelled in one of three categories: Advanced Technology, Basic Sciences, and Arts and Philosophy.
Takahiro Sato, President of KYOCERA Document Solutions Europe B.V, said: “The Kyoto Prize is a world-renowned award which celebrates positive human impact on the world around us. At KYOCERA, we are proud that its guiding principles form the essence of our company, very much in the mould of our founder Dr Inamori.”
The Kyoto Prize at Oxford lectures will take place at the Blavatnik School of Government, Oxford University, on May 9-10.
About KYOCERA Document Solutions
KYOCERA Document Solutions, headquartered in Osaka, Japan, is a leading manufacturer of document imaging solutions and document management systems, including colour and monochrome multifunctional products as well as printers and wide format devices. Kyocera’s products are renowned for their unique long-life imaging components that provide greater reliability and less waste - resulting in a lower Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) over the life of the product.
The KYOCERA Document Solutions portfolio does not stop at hardware. A full suite of business applications and consultative services allow customers to optimise and manage their document workflow, unleashing the full potential of their hardware investment. KYOCERA Document Solutions Inc. is a core company of KYOCERA Corporation, the world's leading developer and manufacturer of advanced ceramics and associated products, including telecommunications equipment, semiconductor packages and electronic components. During the year ended March 31 2016, KYOCERA Corporation's net sales totalled 1.48 trillion yen (approx. USD 13.1 billion). For more information and press-ready photos, visit https://www.kyoceradocumentsolutions.eu/.
Contact for journalists
Manager Corporate Communications
Contact for product information
- KYOCERA Develops World’s First Full-Spectrum LED Aquarium Lighting
- KYOCERA designs and manufactures new ultra-small robust ceramic UHF RFID Tags for tool tracking in Aerospace industry
- KYOCERA LAUNCHES NEW CLUSTER PRINTING SOLUTION
- KYOCERA Launches 0.5 mm-Pitch FPC/FFC Connectors with automated and visual checks to prevent misalignment
- KYOCERA named as the most reliable brand for colour copiers
- KYOCERA TCL Solar Completes 28MW Solar Power Plant in Miyagi Prefecture, Japan
- KYOCERA continues growth in data management with acquisition of software provider Alos
- Sharp, sharper, Shin White
- KYOCERA BOOSTS CUSTOMER EXPERIENCE WITH AMAZON DASH REPLENISHMENT INTEGRATION
- High tech meets the perfect steak: KYOCERA presents steak knives with sharp and long-lasting ceramic blades
- KYOCERA designs and manufactures new ultra-small robust ceramic UHF RFID Tag to trace surgical instruments for the Medical Market
- KYOCERA to Participate in Japan’s Virtual Power Plant Project to Improve Energy Management
- Announcement of the 2018 Kyoto Prize Laureates
- KYOCERA's ecology commitment leads to Green designation of 99% of product
- New KYOCERA Electronic Connectors Offer World’s Highest Mating Tolerance, Withstand up to +125°C