KYOCERA celebrates 27 years of sustainability at the core of operations
14 November 2018
Reading, UK – 13 November 2018: With KYOCERA Corporation celebrating the 27th anniversary of its Environmental Charter, KYOCERA Document Solutions UK, one of the world’s leading document solutions companies, continues to use the Charter as a beacon of inspiration and an essential part of everyday life within the company. Based on the concept of “Coexistence”, the landmark policy leads the way in the organisation’s efforts to “do the right thing as a human being”.
The Environmental Charter was created in October 1991 and has been a fundamental pillar in the company. Despite growth across the globe, sustainability and environmental protection is at the heart of KYOCERA’s existence. It adheres to the Company Philosophy, as created by founder Dr. Kazuo Inamori, which outlines the desire that KYOCERA “contributes to the advancement of society and humankind”.
The success of this approach is proved by KYOCERA Document Solutions UK’s recent attainment of the ISO 14001:2015 certification which demonstrates an environmental approach in all of the organisation’s operations. In particular, the organisation’s ECOSYS range is a reputable multi-award-winning leader in the industry with KYOCERA Document Solutions continually innovating its product range to drive further sustainability, even after 25 years of becoming a pioneering product within the market as the first to focus on sustainability.
Promoting environmental responsibility among customers is also an aim of its ongoing initiatives, as KYOCERA strongly believes that a sustainable approach does not end at the moment of consumption. To this end, the company’s Toner Take Back service recycles over 600,000 kilograms of used toners each year, building upon the company’s investment in producing simplified toner cartridges which require fewer components and consume less energy in production.
“At KYOCERA, ensuring that all of our activities are sustainable and environmentally friendly is a real commitment, as well as an essential business practice,” explains Takuya Marubayashi, President of KYOCERA Document Solutions Europe.
“Sustainability is not just a mere buzz word for KYOCERA, it is a way of living. All of our employees embrace that approach and, from our experience, so do our partners, dealers and customers. It is part of what sets us apart as an organisation and as a family”.
As a group, KYOCERA constantly looks to do more to help all of their subsidiaries to become more sustainable. In fact, by 2020, the KYOCERA Corporation aims to utilise their solar power generation systems to generate a carbon benefit which is three times greater than the carbon footprint for global operations. Since 2013, this figure has already reached the ability to break even.
After 27 years, KYOCERA’s Environmental Charter is more important than ever as the company faces new challenges and inspiring new opportunities. Dr. Kazuo Inamori is a firm believer in “the limitless potential of mankind” and through KYOCERA’s operations, the organisation can begin to show that business success and sustainability can go perfectly hand in hand.
About KYOCERA Document Solutions UK
KYOCERA Document Solutions UK provides a mix of hardware, software, apps and services, which help businesses to save money and work more effectively. It is a core company of KYOCERA Corporation, the world's leading developer and manufacturer of advanced ceramics and associated products, including telecommunications equipment, semiconductor packages and electronic components.
The KYOCERA Document Solutions product family includes the environmental ECOSYS desktop range and highly reliable, intelligent TASKalfa devices. All complemented by genuine consumables, cost saving software and added-value services. Its products are renowned for their unique long-life imaging components that provide greater reliability and less waste - resulting in a lower Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) over the life of the product.
For more information go to: https://www.kyoceradocumentsolutions.co.uk/
Contact for journalists
Manager Corporate Communications
Contact for product information
- Kyocera Targets 30 % Greenhouse Gas Reduction by 2030, Recognized by Science Based Targets Initiative
- Kyocera and BYD Japan to Collaborate on Integrated Energy System for Electric Vehicles
- Announcement of the 2019 Kyoto Prize Laureates
- Kyocera to Acquire Advanced Ceramic Business of Germany-based Friatec GmbH
- Kyocera to Acquire SouthernCarlson, Inc., a US-based Distributor of Fasteners, Tools, and Packaging
- Kyocera Display Europe GmbH becomes Kyocera Automotive and Industrial Solutions GmbH
- Approval of Kyocera’s Acquisition of the Ownership of H.C. Starck Ceramics GmbH complete
- Kyocera Document Solutions unveils a renewed brand identity – aligned with the iconic company’s vision for the years ahead
- Kyocera to Build New Facility in Shiga, Japan to Produce Automated Equipment for “Smart Factory”
- Kyocera is set to exhibit at Ceramics UK
- Kyocera set to present its innovations - cordierite and many other fine ceramic components - at this year’s Hannover Messe
- KYOCERA named as a leader in Western Europe smart multifunction printers by IDC MarketScape
- Kyocera Document Solutions UK awarded place on new UK Government Framework
- Kyocera and LO3 ENERGY to Demonstrate Blockchain-Managed Virtual Power Plant
- Kyocera Named Among Derwent Top 100 Global Innovators by Clarivate Analytics