KYOCERA ARMS CUSTOMERS IN THE CYBERSECURITY FIGHT
29 August 2017
London, UK, 29th August 2017 – KYOCERA Document Solutions, one of the world’s leading document solutions companies, has announced the launch of KYOCERA SecureAudit, a solution that allows users to quickly and easily identify potential security weaknesses within their printer.
Thought to be a world first, KYOCERA SecureAudit is designed to help organisations better manage the risks posed by complex cyber threats to corporate networks and adapt to strict data protection safeguards required by the forthcoming introduction of GDPR next May. Developed in the UK by KYOCERA’s product development team, it provides a simple method for users to scan their KYOCERA multi-function printer (MFP) for any potential vulnerabilities, such as devices set with default admin passwords and open ports, flagging any weak spots.
Eddie Ginja, head of innovation at KYOCERA said: “Just like other IoT devices, our devices are now connected to the Internet as well as corporate networks creating a massively expanded threat surface. Without adequate protection, cyber-attacks can easily gain access to unencrypted and other (personal) data available across entire IT networks. It’s like leaving your back door wide open to burglars.”
KYOCERA SecureAudit will be offered within KYOCERA’s suite of application software, powered by HyPAS. Developed around real business needs and challenges, there are now a number of off-the-shelf or custom-built HyPAS apps, many of which are available free of charge or on a trial basis to customers.
“Now is a great time to address print security. The extensive potential fines, of either 4% of your turnover or €20m, imposed by the impending GDPR are a huge incentive for you to sort out your security now” said Ginja. “Data and printing go hand in hand and so it only stands to reason that a regulation which will transform the way organisations think about personal data should also transform the way that they think about print. By adding SecureAudit to our existing security measures, KYOCERA is providing businesses with greater peace of mind that they are doing everything they can to ensure data security.”
KYOCERA offer various print, scan and copying security apps helping print and document management to be cyber secure. Biometric identification and user authentication such as Net Manager, which only releases print jobs once a user has identified themselves at an MFP, data encryption, data overwriting processes and automatic deletion processes are examples of the measures available to certify security.
About KYOCERA Document Solutions
KYOCERA Document Solutions is one of the world's leading office document solutions companies. Its product range includes ECOSYS printers, reliable TASKalfa and Smart MFP multifunctional devices and is complemented by supplies, software and services. KYOCERA Document Solutions provides innovative products, built on a foundation of long-life components, allowing it to offer low total cost of ownership and high efficiency in any workplace. For more information go to: https://www.kyoceradocumentsolutions.co.uk/
Contact for journalists
Manager Corporate Communications
Contact for product information
- High tech meets the perfect steak: KYOCERA presents steak knives with sharp and long-lasting ceramic blades
- KYOCERA designs and manufactures new ultra-small robust ceramic UHF RFID Tag to trace surgical instruments for the Medical Market
- KYOCERA to Participate in Japan’s Virtual Power Plant Project to Improve Energy Management
- Announcement of the 2018 Kyoto Prize Laureates
- KYOCERA's ecology commitment leads to Green designation of 99% of product
- New KYOCERA Electronic Connectors Offer World’s Highest Mating Tolerance, Withstand up to +125°C
- KYOCERA TCL Solar Completes 29.2MW Solar Power Plant on Repurposed Land in Japan
- KYOCERA’s New Industrial Cutting Tool with Ultra-Durable Coating Materials Maximizes Steel Cutting Performance
- KYOCERA offers sustainable and premium-quality coffee enjoyment with the new Coffee Grinder EG-70CF
- KYOCERA Enters into License Agreement with Bosch
- KYOCERA exhibited Fine Ceramic Components at Germany’s Hannover Messe
- KYOCERA Named Among Top 100 Global Innovators by Clarivate Analytics
- KYOCERA Introduces New LCD Panels for Automotive Head-Up-Displays
- KYOCERA Files Suit Against Preh GmbH for Potential Infringement of Haptic Feedback Technology Patent
- KYOCERA to Build New Plant in Kagoshima, Japan, for Ceramic Microelectronic Packages