Grind your own ceramic knives – with the diamond knife sharpener from Kyocera
Kyocera at Ambiente 2010 (Hall 3, Stand A40)
21 January 2010
Kyoto / Neuss, 21 January 2010 – The Japanese technology corporation Kyocera, one of the pioneers of ceramic knife blades and with sales of more than 5 million ceramic knives since 1984, is extending its product portfolio of kitchen utensils to include a diamond-coated grinder. It allows even the extremely hard ceramic blades of the Kyocera knives to be conveniently ground by hand. Kyocera is premiering the diamond knife sharpener in Germany at Ambiente in Frankfurt (12 to 16 February 2010) in Hall 3, Stand A40.
The sharpener starts up at the press of a button, and the grinding wheel continues rotating until you remove your finger from the button. A few forwards and backwards movements through the slit provided are all it takes to resharpen the blade. The grinding angle is preset and ensures optimum results. Thanks to the ergonomic design, the application is very easy to use. The grinding wheel can be replaced when necessary.
Kyocera’s diamond knife sharpener will be available in Germany as from April. The sharpener is suitable for Kyocera ceramic knives and Japanese steel knives. The recommended retail price is 85,00 Euros.
Contact for journalists
Manager Corporate Communications
Contact for product information
- High tech meets the perfect steak: KYOCERA presents steak knives with sharp and long-lasting ceramic blades
- KYOCERA designs and manufactures new ultra-small robust ceramic UHF RFID Tag to trace surgical instruments for the Medical Market
- KYOCERA to Participate in Japan’s Virtual Power Plant Project to Improve Energy Management
- Announcement of the 2018 Kyoto Prize Laureates
- KYOCERA's ecology commitment leads to Green designation of 99% of product
- New KYOCERA Electronic Connectors Offer World’s Highest Mating Tolerance, Withstand up to +125°C
- KYOCERA TCL Solar Completes 29.2MW Solar Power Plant on Repurposed Land in Japan
- KYOCERA’s New Industrial Cutting Tool with Ultra-Durable Coating Materials Maximizes Steel Cutting Performance
- KYOCERA offers sustainable and premium-quality coffee enjoyment with the new Coffee Grinder EG-70CF
- KYOCERA Enters into License Agreement with Bosch
- KYOCERA exhibited Fine Ceramic Components at Germany’s Hannover Messe
- KYOCERA Named Among Top 100 Global Innovators by Clarivate Analytics
- KYOCERA Introduces New LCD Panels for Automotive Head-Up-Displays
- KYOCERA Files Suit Against Preh GmbH for Potential Infringement of Haptic Feedback Technology Patent
- KYOCERA to Build New Plant in Kagoshima, Japan, for Ceramic Microelectronic Packages