New KYOCERA 7129 Series Board to Board Connector Helps Reduce Charging Times for Mobile Devices
Space-saving connector handles current up to 10A for smartphones, tablets, & wearables.
25 January 2017
Kyoto/Neuss – Kyocera Connector Products Corporation announced that it has developed a board to board battery connector for use with portable electronic devices such as smartphones, tablets and wearables. The new 7129 Series connector goes on sale January 30.
The ever-expanding functionality of today’s mobile devices is creating demand for faster charging times and increased battery capacity. This requires strong, durable connectors with higher current capability. However, with board space at a greater premium than ever, connectors must meet these higher strength and current requirements within an even smaller, thinner form factor.
Kyocera’s new 7129 Series board to board connector is rated for currents up to 10A to help reduce charging times for mobile devices. Additionally, despite its space-saving size — just 0.7mm stacking height, 2.2mm width and 5.64mm length — this robust connector is designed for high retention, with a metal guide component to prevent mating misalignment damage to insulators and contacts.
This connector continues Kyocera’s tradition of helping customers meet the latest demands of the electronic device market.
1. 10A Current Rating
Capable of conducting up to 10 amperes of current — one of the highest for smartphones* — to help reduce charging times. (Please refer to the catalog for pattern layout on PCBs .)
* Based on research by Kyocera Connector Products as of January 2017.
2. High Retention and Mating Misalignment Protection
A metal cover enhances retention strength, which may otherwise be compromised in space-saving connectors with low profile heights. The structure of the metal cover also helps guide connectors over a smooth surface for easy mating, and prevents damage from contact misalignment.
3. Space Savings
Compact form factor features a 0.7mm stacking height, 2.2mm width and 5.64mm length.
4. Packaged in Tape and Reel (15,000 pieces/reel)
5. RoHS compliant and Halogen-Free
|No. of Pins*||Signal: 2 pos.|
Power: 4 pos.
|Rated Current (Signal)|
Rated Current (Power)
|DC 0.4A/Contact |
|Width||2.2mm||Rated Voltage||DC 30V/Contact|
|Length||5.64mm||D.W. Voltage||AC 250Vrms/min.|
|Stacking height||0.7mm||Contact material||Copper alloy|
|Operating temperature range||-40 to +85℃||Insulator material||Heat-resistant plastic|
* For products with higher pin counts, please contact a sales representative at Kyocera Connector Products.
Contact for journalists
Manager Corporate Communications
Contact for product information
- High tech meets the perfect steak: KYOCERA presents steak knives with sharp and long-lasting ceramic blades
- KYOCERA designs and manufactures new ultra-small robust ceramic UHF RFID Tag to trace surgical instruments for the Medical Market
- KYOCERA to Participate in Japan’s Virtual Power Plant Project to Improve Energy Management
- Announcement of the 2018 Kyoto Prize Laureates
- KYOCERA's ecology commitment leads to Green designation of 99% of product
- New KYOCERA Electronic Connectors Offer World’s Highest Mating Tolerance, Withstand up to +125°C
- KYOCERA TCL Solar Completes 29.2MW Solar Power Plant on Repurposed Land in Japan
- KYOCERA’s New Industrial Cutting Tool with Ultra-Durable Coating Materials Maximizes Steel Cutting Performance
- KYOCERA offers sustainable and premium-quality coffee enjoyment with the new Coffee Grinder EG-70CF
- KYOCERA Enters into License Agreement with Bosch
- KYOCERA exhibited Fine Ceramic Components at Germany’s Hannover Messe
- KYOCERA Named Among Top 100 Global Innovators by Clarivate Analytics
- KYOCERA Introduces New LCD Panels for Automotive Head-Up-Displays
- KYOCERA Files Suit Against Preh GmbH for Potential Infringement of Haptic Feedback Technology Patent
- KYOCERA to Build New Plant in Kagoshima, Japan, for Ceramic Microelectronic Packages