KYOCERA Group to Exhibit Innovative Technologies and Products at CEATEC JAPAN 2018 Tradeshow Oct. 16-19
From automotive technologies to energy management solutions, a wide range of Kyocera’s technologies for connected society will be on display
04 October 2018
Kyoto/London – The Kyocera Group will be exhibiting featured products and technologies at CEATEC JAPAN 2018 — one of Asia’s largest tradeshows for cutting-edge IT and electronics — from October 16-19 at the Makuhari Messe International Convention Complex (Chiba pref., Japan). Based on the booth concept of “Realizing a future with IoT for human-beings and for society” the Kyocera Group will showcase various product and solution demos in 5 zones: mobility, energy, advanced technology, lifestyle, and networks.
A safe and comfortable mobility society will be realized through advanced driver assistance systems and connected-car solutions. The latest systems utilizing Kyocera’s advanced devices infused with Artificial Intelligence (AI), Augmented Reality (AR) and communication technology work together to create connected-car solutions which will be indispensable for IoT in the automotive sector. Visitors can see the Kyocera Concept Car and try out the interactive car driver’s seat demo featuring various unique devices and systems. Kyocera’s overall strength contributes to realization of the connected mobility society.
Highlights: 3DAR head-up display (HUD), rear-view camera module with AI recognition, millimeter wave radar to monitor vehicle surroundings, Vehicle-to-Infrastructure (V2I) roadside unit, haptic feedback technology HAPTIVITY®*1, electronic connectors.
Realizing a low carbon society for the future is a crucial issue on a global scale. Kyocera technology helps optimize energy by combining solar power generating systems, storage batteries and electric cars for individual households and provide energy management solutions which connect houses and cities. Kyocera introduces various cases which demonstrate our contribution to a smart energy society.
Highlights: VPP test project, local energy business, storage system with Vehicle-to-Home (V2H) function.
Devices utilizing Kyocera’s new proprietary technologies promote the popularization of IoT. Kyocera introduces key technologies that will be used in various industrial fields from manufacturing sites to healthcare.
Highlights: Compact antenna Amcenna mountable on metallic objects, sensor fused with camera and LIDAR, 3-axis crystal gyro sensor, cell sorting and densitometry device, membrane-type surface stress sensor.
Advanced technologies play an important role in realizing a comfortable life for everyone. Kyocera introduces various unique products that make people’s lives more convenient and comfortable. Sensor devices capable of measuring vital signs help create a pleasant environment for everyone and contribute to preventive medical care, and IoT units compatible with LPWA for use in a variety of applications will be on display.
Highlights: Audio/vibrating actuator, hearable device with a blood-flow sensor, real-time image correction stabilization, vital-sign sensor wearable device, IoT device/button corresponding to LWPA, portable phase contrast video micro scope.
Kyocera Communication Systems Co., Ltd. offers “Sigfox,” an IoT network solution service, in Japan which features low cost, low power consumption and long distance transmission. The company plans to cover 99 % of the Japan’s population by 2020. The system plays an important role in connecting almost everything through an IoT network, including for uses such as monitoring elderly citizens, preventing bicycle theft, and ensuring the stable quality and quantity of a harvest.
Highlights: Sigfox (example of bicycle theft prevention)
*1 HAPTIVITY® is a registered trademark of Kyocera Corporation
For more information on KYOCERA: www.kyocera.eu
Contact for technical information:
Mr. Kenichi Hara
Contact for journalists
Manager Corporate Communications
Contact for product information
- Kyocera Receives Japan’s Environment Minister’s Award for Record 9th Consecutive Year
- Kyocera to Participate in Self-Driving Bus Test Project on JR East BR Lines
- Innovative, durable, and beautiful: Kyocera presents high-quality kitchen tools demonstrating the advantages of its ceramic technology at the BBC Good Food Show in Birmingham from November 29 – December 2, 2018.
- Inamori Foundation Awards the 34th Kyoto Prize to Scientists and Artist in the Fields of "Advanced Technology", "Basic Science", and "Arts and Philosophy"
- KYOCERA reflects on integral philosophy of Founder Dr. Kazuo Inamori to respect the divine and love people
- Kyocera wins CEATEC Award for “Amcenna” IoT Antenna
- KYOCERA celebrates 27 years of sustainability at the core of operations
- Kyocera wins Supplier Award
- KYOCERA IS THE MOST RELIABLE BRAND FOR COLOUR MFPs
- Kyocera presents a firework display of innovations at the electronica 2018
- KYOCERA introduces reliable, Waterproof Branch Connector for harsh conditions of automotive electronics
- KYOCERA ANNOUNCES LAUNCH OF NEW CONTENT SERVICES TEAM
- KYOCERA to Build New Manufacturing Plant in Kanagawa, Japan for Conductive and Insulation Pastes
- KYOCERA Group to Exhibit Innovative Technologies and Products at CEATEC JAPAN 2018 Tradeshow Oct. 16-19
- KYOCERA proves environmental management sustainability through ISO 14001:2015 certification