KYOCERA Group to Exhibit Innovative Technologies and Products at CEATEC JAPAN 2018 Tradeshow Oct. 16-19
From automotive technologies to energy management solutions, a wide range of Kyocera’s technologies for connected society will be on display
04 October 2018
Kyoto/London – The Kyocera Group will be exhibiting featured products and technologies at CEATEC JAPAN 2018 — one of Asia’s largest tradeshows for cutting-edge IT and electronics — from October 16-19 at the Makuhari Messe International Convention Complex (Chiba pref., Japan). Based on the booth concept of “Realizing a future with IoT for human-beings and for society” the Kyocera Group will showcase various product and solution demos in 5 zones: mobility, energy, advanced technology, lifestyle, and networks.
A safe and comfortable mobility society will be realized through advanced driver assistance systems and connected-car solutions. The latest systems utilizing Kyocera’s advanced devices infused with Artificial Intelligence (AI), Augmented Reality (AR) and communication technology work together to create connected-car solutions which will be indispensable for IoT in the automotive sector. Visitors can see the Kyocera Concept Car and try out the interactive car driver’s seat demo featuring various unique devices and systems. Kyocera’s overall strength contributes to realization of the connected mobility society.
Highlights: 3DAR head-up display (HUD), rear-view camera module with AI recognition, millimeter wave radar to monitor vehicle surroundings, Vehicle-to-Infrastructure (V2I) roadside unit, haptic feedback technology HAPTIVITY®*1, electronic connectors.
Realizing a low carbon society for the future is a crucial issue on a global scale. Kyocera technology helps optimize energy by combining solar power generating systems, storage batteries and electric cars for individual households and provide energy management solutions which connect houses and cities. Kyocera introduces various cases which demonstrate our contribution to a smart energy society.
Highlights: VPP test project, local energy business, storage system with Vehicle-to-Home (V2H) function.
Devices utilizing Kyocera’s new proprietary technologies promote the popularization of IoT. Kyocera introduces key technologies that will be used in various industrial fields from manufacturing sites to healthcare.
Highlights: Compact antenna Amcenna mountable on metallic objects, sensor fused with camera and LIDAR, 3-axis crystal gyro sensor, cell sorting and densitometry device, membrane-type surface stress sensor.
Advanced technologies play an important role in realizing a comfortable life for everyone. Kyocera introduces various unique products that make people’s lives more convenient and comfortable. Sensor devices capable of measuring vital signs help create a pleasant environment for everyone and contribute to preventive medical care, and IoT units compatible with LPWA for use in a variety of applications will be on display.
Highlights: Audio/vibrating actuator, hearable device with a blood-flow sensor, real-time image correction stabilization, vital-sign sensor wearable device, IoT device/button corresponding to LWPA, portable phase contrast video micro scope.
Kyocera Communication Systems Co., Ltd. offers “Sigfox,” an IoT network solution service, in Japan which features low cost, low power consumption and long distance transmission. The company plans to cover 99 % of the Japan’s population by 2020. The system plays an important role in connecting almost everything through an IoT network, including for uses such as monitoring elderly citizens, preventing bicycle theft, and ensuring the stable quality and quantity of a harvest.
Highlights: Sigfox (example of bicycle theft prevention)
*1 HAPTIVITY® is a registered trademark of Kyocera Corporation
For more information on KYOCERA: www.kyocera.eu
Contact for technical information:
Mr. Kenichi Hara
Contact for journalists
Manager Corporate Communications
Contact for product information
- Kyocera to Acquire Advanced Ceramic Business of Germany-based Friatec GmbH
- Kyocera to Acquire SouthernCarlson, Inc., a US-based Distributor of Fasteners, Tools, and Packaging
- Kyocera Display Europe GmbH becomes Kyocera Automotive and Industrial Solutions GmbH
- Approval of Kyocera’s Acquisition of the Ownership of H.C. Starck Ceramics GmbH complete
- Kyocera Document Solutions unveils a renewed brand identity – aligned with the iconic company’s vision for the years ahead
- Kyocera to Build New Facility in Shiga, Japan to Produce Automated Equipment for “Smart Factory”
- Kyocera is set to exhibit at Ceramics UK
- Kyocera set to present its innovations - cordierite and many other fine ceramic components - at this year’s Hannover Messe
- KYOCERA named as a leader in Western Europe smart multifunction printers by IDC MarketScape
- Kyocera Document Solutions UK awarded place on new UK Government Framework
- Kyocera and LO3 ENERGY to Demonstrate Blockchain-Managed Virtual Power Plant
- Kyocera Named Among Derwent Top 100 Global Innovators by Clarivate Analytics
- Kyocera Document Solutions UK Announces Leadership Change
- Field Information
- Kyocera Document Solutions Appoints Exertis as UK Distributor