KYOCERA to Build New Manufacturing Plant in Kanagawa, Japan for Conductive and Insulation Pastes
New facility will provide 50 % increase in production capacity for pastes used in semiconductors and electronics
16 October 2018
Kyoto/London – Kyocera today announced that it has started construction of a new manufacturing facility on the premises of its Kawasaki manufacturing complex in Kanagawa Prefecture, Japan. The new facility will allow Kyocera to increase its production capacity by 50 % for conductive and insulation pastes utilized in applications ranging from semiconductors and digital devices to automotive electronics and energy products.
The new facility will increase the plant’s total production capacity for various pastes including silver (Ag) paste, as demand is expected to grow in the automotive market. Kyocera began construction in October and plans to open the facility in April 2020.
The Kawasaki manufacturing complex has produced both conductive and insulation pastes for electronic components and semiconductors since it began operations in 1962. Many of the high thermal-conductivity pastes the plant produces are supplied to the power device market, which has grown rapidly in recent years. In addition to the pastes, the manufacturing complex has produced insulating varnishes through a proprietary combination of resin-synthesizing and insulating-material technologies. The plant’s insulating varnishes are widely used for electrical components such as motors and transformers found in consumer appliances.
|Name||Kyocera Kawasaki Plant, New Primary Facility|
Premises of Kyocera’s Kanagawa Kawasaki Plant
9-2 Chidori-cho, Kawasaki-ku Kawasaki Kanagawa 210-0865 Japan
Approximately 2.6 billion yen (23.1 million USD)
1,603 m2 (steel frame construction with 4 stories)
|Total floor space|
Construction Start: October 2018
Manufacturing Start (Planned): April 2020
Conductive and insulation pastes
|First-year production plan|
Approximately 3.2 billion yen (from April 2020 through March 2021)
Contact for technical information:
Mr. Kenichi Hara
Contact for journalists
Manager Corporate Communications
Contact for product information
- Kyocera Receives Japan’s Environment Minister’s Award for Record 9th Consecutive Year
- Kyocera to Participate in Self-Driving Bus Test Project on JR East BR Lines
- Innovative, durable, and beautiful: Kyocera presents high-quality kitchen tools demonstrating the advantages of its ceramic technology at the BBC Good Food Show in Birmingham from November 29 – December 2, 2018.
- Inamori Foundation Awards the 34th Kyoto Prize to Scientists and Artist in the Fields of "Advanced Technology", "Basic Science", and "Arts and Philosophy"
- KYOCERA reflects on integral philosophy of Founder Dr. Kazuo Inamori to respect the divine and love people
- Kyocera wins CEATEC Award for “Amcenna” IoT Antenna
- KYOCERA celebrates 27 years of sustainability at the core of operations
- Kyocera wins Supplier Award
- KYOCERA IS THE MOST RELIABLE BRAND FOR COLOUR MFPs
- Kyocera presents a firework display of innovations at the electronica 2018
- KYOCERA introduces reliable, Waterproof Branch Connector for harsh conditions of automotive electronics
- KYOCERA ANNOUNCES LAUNCH OF NEW CONTENT SERVICES TEAM
- KYOCERA to Build New Manufacturing Plant in Kanagawa, Japan for Conductive and Insulation Pastes
- KYOCERA Group to Exhibit Innovative Technologies and Products at CEATEC JAPAN 2018 Tradeshow Oct. 16-19
- KYOCERA proves environmental management sustainability through ISO 14001:2015 certification