KYOCERA Named Among Top 100 Global Innovators by Clarivate Analytics
Company recognized for patent success rate and global reach for 3rd consecutive year
29 March 2017
Kyoto/Neuss – Kyocera Corporation announced that it was recognized as one of the 2016 Top 100 Global Innovators by Clarivate Analytics, a worldwide information solution provider. Kyocera’s patent success rate and global reach were identified as outstanding for 2016, the company’s third consecutive year receiving the award. A trophy was presented earlier this week at the company’s headquarters in Kyoto, Japan.
The Top 100 Global Innovators awards have been presented annually since 2011 to recognize leading enterprises and research institutions for their innovative efforts. Honorees are selected by Clarivate Analytics after an analysis of intellectual property and patents using Clarivate’s original methodology. The awards were originated by Thomson Reuters.
Candidates are evaluated by patent and citation data across four main criteria: “Volume,” “Success,” “Influence” and “Globalization.” Among the above factors, “Success” and “Globalization” led to Kyocera’s recognition as one of the world’s top innovators.
Kyocera has a tradition of innovative research and development, as well as a deep respect for the intellectual property rights of others. Kyocera recently opened an additional patent office in Europe (Germany), which follows similar offices established in Japan, the U.S. and China, to maximize IP development and protection. Europe is one of the most important markets for the Kyocera Group, especially for automotive and environmental related products. As promising intellectual property rights, Kyocera holds a diverse range of patents including smartphone related technologies, wireless technologies pertinent to IoT, and applied technology for piezoelectric devices. In 2016, Kyocera Group companies obtained a total of 1,132 patents in the U.S., according to the top 1,000 list that U.S. IFI CLAIMS Patent Service announced in January, 2017.
Methodology of Top 100 Global Innovators
Clarivate Analytics surveys four main criteria to select the Top 100 Global Innovators. For details, please see the following link: http://top100innovators.stateofinnovation.com/content/methodology
About Clarivate Analytics
Formerly the Intellectual Property and Science business of Thomson Reuters, Clarivate Analytics (C.A.) owns and operates a collection of leading subscription-based services focused on scientific and academic research, patent analytics and regulatory standards, pharmaceutical and biotech intelligence, trademark protection, domain brand protection and intellectual property management. C.A. is now an independent company with over 4,000 employees, operating in more than 100 countries and owns well-known brands that include Web of Science, Cortellis, Thomson Innovation, Derwent World Patents Index, CompuMark, MarkMonitor and Techstreet, among others.
For more information on Kyocera: www.kyocera.eu
Contact for journalists
Manager Corporate Communications
Contact for product information
- KYOCERA continues growth in data management with acquisition of software provider Alos
- Sharp, sharper, Shin White
- KYOCERA BOOSTS CUSTOMER EXPERIENCE WITH AMAZON DASH REPLENISHMENT INTEGRATION
- High tech meets the perfect steak: KYOCERA presents steak knives with sharp and long-lasting ceramic blades
- KYOCERA designs and manufactures new ultra-small robust ceramic UHF RFID Tag to trace surgical instruments for the Medical Market
- KYOCERA to Participate in Japan’s Virtual Power Plant Project to Improve Energy Management
- Announcement of the 2018 Kyoto Prize Laureates
- KYOCERA's ecology commitment leads to Green designation of 99% of product
- New KYOCERA Electronic Connectors Offer World’s Highest Mating Tolerance, Withstand up to +125°C
- KYOCERA TCL Solar Completes 29.2MW Solar Power Plant on Repurposed Land in Japan
- KYOCERA’s New Industrial Cutting Tool with Ultra-Durable Coating Materials Maximizes Steel Cutting Performance
- KYOCERA offers sustainable and premium-quality coffee enjoyment with the new Coffee Grinder EG-70CF
- KYOCERA Enters into License Agreement with Bosch
- KYOCERA exhibited Fine Ceramic Components at Germany’s Hannover Messe
- KYOCERA Named Among Top 100 Global Innovators by Clarivate Analytics