KYOCERA Enters into License Agreement with Bosch
Bosch to incorporate KYOCERA’s haptic feedback technology in automotive applications
08 May 2018
Kyoto/London – Kyocera today announced that it has signed a license agreement with Robert Bosch Car Multimedia GmbH, a subsidiary of Robert Bosch GmbH, a leading global supplier of technology and services. Effective May 7, 2018 (Japan time), this license agreement provides Bosch with access to Kyocera’s patented haptic feedback technology for use in Bosch’s automotive solutions.
Kyocera has been creating haptic technologies through its own research and development since 2008. Utilizing ergonomics and virtual reality technology that Kyocera has developed over the years as well as its proprietary haptic feedback technology, Kyocera’s HAPTIVITY®* technology contains a virtual reality innovation that enables real touch sensation on any human-machine interface. Kyocera has introduced its HAPTIVITY® devices in Japanese, U.S. and European tradeshows, and holds patents on this technology in multiple countries.
Kyocera continues to refine its HAPTIVITY® technology while developing devices, equipment and systems that incorporate it. In addition, the company continues to license its HAPTIVITY® technology for a wide range of uses, including automotive and industrial applications.
* “HAPTIVITY®” is a registered trademark of Kyocera Corporation
For more information on KYOCERA: www.kyocera.eu
- Press information (pdf) (272.31 KB)
Contact for technical information:
Dr. Matthias Neundorf
Contact for journalists
Manager Corporate Communications
Contact for product information
- Kyocera Document Solutions Appoints Exertis as UK Distributor
- Kyocera to Acquire 100% Ownership of H.C. Starck Ceramics GmbH, a Germany-based Manufacturer of Advanced Ceramics
- Kyocera Document Solutions Launches New TASKalfa MFPs Targeting Further A3 Market Gains
- PUBLIC SECTOR SEES NEW REGULATIONS AS KEY TO DIGITAL TRANSFORMATION
- Sharp and sustainable: Kyocera presents its high-quality knives in new packaging
- CLA AND KYOCERA INTRODUCE NEW APP TO SIMPLIFY COPYRIGHT AND SAVE TEACHERS’ TIME
- Kyocera Receives Japan’s Environment Minister’s Award for Record 9th Consecutive Year
- Kyocera to Participate in Self-Driving Bus Test Project on JR East BR Lines
- Innovative, durable, and beautiful: Kyocera presents high-quality kitchen tools demonstrating the advantages of its ceramic technology at the BBC Good Food Show in Birmingham from November 29 – December 2, 2018.
- Inamori Foundation Awards the 34th Kyoto Prize to Scientists and Artist in the Fields of "Advanced Technology", "Basic Science", and "Arts and Philosophy"
- KYOCERA reflects on integral philosophy of Founder Dr. Kazuo Inamori to respect the divine and love people
- Kyocera wins CEATEC Award for “Amcenna” IoT Antenna
- KYOCERA celebrates 27 years of sustainability at the core of operations
- Kyocera wins Supplier Award
- KYOCERA IS THE MOST RELIABLE BRAND FOR COLOUR MFPs