KYOCERA Introduces New 6.2” AWVII LCD for Industrial Applications
Features Advanced Wide Viewing Technology for optimal optical performance
22 March 2017
Kyoto / Neuss – The Japanese technology group Kyocera, a leading manufacturer in the field of electronic devices, today introduced a new 6.2” LCD with Advance Wide View Technology that is designed for industrial devices. The new LCD with a 16:6 format and extraordinary width allows the display of longer parameter curves while maintaining a slim design and flat form. Furthermore, it is perfectly designed to fit in a 19” rack system, which is commonly used for audio and server equipment.
Powered with Kyocera’s Advanced Wide View II Technology, the new LCD can be mounted either horizontally or vertically and still provide a wide viewing angle and high contrast ratio. The new 6.2” TFT-LCD (part number: TCG062HVLQAVNN-GN20) features 640 x 240 resolution, with outline dimensions of 173mm x 70mm x 6.7mm, and an active display area of 147.84mm x 55.44mm. It provides brightness of 500cd/m2 with a contrast ratio of 500:1 and a viewing angle of 160 degrees vertically and horizontally. It also features a LVDS interface, an operating temperature range of -20 to +70⁰C and a storage temperature range of -30 to +80⁰C.
The built-in LED driver circuit incorporates a pulse-width modulation (PWM) dimming control for a broad LED backlight dimming range of 0.1% to 100%. The integrated LED driver circuit helps simplify the design process due to lower external component requirements. Kyocera’s built-in LED driver ensures a more cost-effective solution.
“This extraordinary format fits perfectly in modern industrial designs and even in rack mounted devices,” said Eberhard Schill, Manager Marketing & Distribution at Kyocera Display Europe GmbH. “High quality and robustness ensure resilience of the LCD for everyday use in rough industrial environments.”
Kyocera brings almost 40 years of experience in LCD technology innovation, helping to make the company a preferred supplier of displays for industrial applications as well as automotive and medical equipment.
The Kyocera Group is actively engaged in the development of environmentally friendly products and continually strives to reduce the use of environmentally degrading materials and processes in its manufacturing. The company complies with the EU's RoHS (Restriction of Hazardous Substances) directive.
For more information about Kyocera: www.kyocera.eu
Contact for journalists
Manager Corporate Communications
Contact for product information
- KYOCERA continues growth in data management with acquisition of software provider Alos
- Sharp, sharper, Shin White
- KYOCERA BOOSTS CUSTOMER EXPERIENCE WITH AMAZON DASH REPLENISHMENT INTEGRATION
- High tech meets the perfect steak: KYOCERA presents steak knives with sharp and long-lasting ceramic blades
- KYOCERA designs and manufactures new ultra-small robust ceramic UHF RFID Tag to trace surgical instruments for the Medical Market
- KYOCERA to Participate in Japan’s Virtual Power Plant Project to Improve Energy Management
- Announcement of the 2018 Kyoto Prize Laureates
- KYOCERA's ecology commitment leads to Green designation of 99% of product
- New KYOCERA Electronic Connectors Offer World’s Highest Mating Tolerance, Withstand up to +125°C
- KYOCERA TCL Solar Completes 29.2MW Solar Power Plant on Repurposed Land in Japan
- KYOCERA’s New Industrial Cutting Tool with Ultra-Durable Coating Materials Maximizes Steel Cutting Performance
- KYOCERA offers sustainable and premium-quality coffee enjoyment with the new Coffee Grinder EG-70CF
- KYOCERA Enters into License Agreement with Bosch
- KYOCERA exhibited Fine Ceramic Components at Germany’s Hannover Messe
- KYOCERA Named Among Top 100 Global Innovators by Clarivate Analytics