KYOCERA introduces Wide-Screen, Super High Brightness TFT-LCD for Industrial Applications
New 12.1” WXGA with 1500nits brightness ideal for easy readability in outdoor sunlit applications
21 March 2016
Kyoto / Neuss – The Japanese technology Corporation Kyocera, a leading manufacturer in the field of electronic devices, announced a new wide-format (16:10) TFT-LCD display for bright environments, indoors or outdoors. Wide-format TFT-LCDs provide a sleek, modern design aesthetic that allows more information to be displayed on a single screen. The increased resolution and wide aspect ratio deliver greater detail and sharper imaging, making them ideal for all industrial display needs — including medical, agriculture, test and measurement, and marine applications.
Kyocera’s new 12.1” WXGA (TCG121WX) TFT-LCD display features 1280 x 800 resolution. Designed with the newest high-efficiency power LED backlight, the display achieves a super high brightness of 1500nits, which makes it easily readable even in bright, sunny environments. Powered with Kyocera’s Advanced Wide View (AWV) technology, the display provides a wide, 85-degree viewing angle in all directions (left, right, top and bottom) and eliminates color inversion.
It is easy to incorporate this new display into compact equipment designs because no additional components are required to drive the backlights: Kyocera’s LED driver circuit is integrated into the display module. The new TFT-LCD is designed with a standard LVDS interface and offers a wide operating temperature range of -30° to 80° C.
“Outdoor applications must be readable even under sunlight conditions. The new designed Kyocera high efficiency backlight fits perfect for extreme light conditions,” said Eberhard Schill Sales Manager Distribution & Marketing at Kyocera Display Europe GmbH.
Kyocera brings almost 40 years of experience in LCD technology innovation, helping to make the company a preferred supplier of displays for industrial applications as well as automotive and medical equipment.
The Kyocera Group is actively engaged in the development of environmentally friendly products and continually strives to reduce the use of environmentally degrading materials and processes in its manufacturing. The company complies with the EU's RoHS (Restriction of Hazardous Substances) directive.
For more information about Kyocera: www.kyocera.eu
Contact for journalists
Manager Corporate Communications
Contact for product information
- High tech meets the perfect steak: KYOCERA presents steak knives with sharp and long-lasting ceramic blades
- KYOCERA designs and manufactures new ultra-small robust ceramic UHF RFID Tag to trace surgical instruments for the Medical Market
- KYOCERA to Participate in Japan’s Virtual Power Plant Project to Improve Energy Management
- Announcement of the 2018 Kyoto Prize Laureates
- KYOCERA's ecology commitment leads to Green designation of 99% of product
- New KYOCERA Electronic Connectors Offer World’s Highest Mating Tolerance, Withstand up to +125°C
- KYOCERA TCL Solar Completes 29.2MW Solar Power Plant on Repurposed Land in Japan
- KYOCERA’s New Industrial Cutting Tool with Ultra-Durable Coating Materials Maximizes Steel Cutting Performance
- KYOCERA offers sustainable and premium-quality coffee enjoyment with the new Coffee Grinder EG-70CF
- KYOCERA Enters into License Agreement with Bosch
- KYOCERA exhibited Fine Ceramic Components at Germany’s Hannover Messe
- KYOCERA Named Among Top 100 Global Innovators by Clarivate Analytics
- KYOCERA Introduces New LCD Panels for Automotive Head-Up-Displays
- KYOCERA Files Suit Against Preh GmbH for Potential Infringement of Haptic Feedback Technology Patent
- KYOCERA to Build New Plant in Kagoshima, Japan, for Ceramic Microelectronic Packages