Robust, thin and light – Kyocera presents a modern 5.7-inch module for industrial applications
The new 5.7-inch VGA display from Kyocera has a thickness of just 6 mm and only weighs 100 grams
26 September 2016
Kyoto / Neuss – Kyocera, a Japanese technology group and leading manufacturer in the field of electronic devices, is extending its portfolio with a new 5.7-inch VGA TFT module (4:3) that is particularly suitable for use in portable devices.
Devices for industrial applications are following the trend of consumer electronics: becoming smaller, thinner and lighter. However, it is crucial that these devices have high quality and the resilience for everyday use in rough environments.
Kyocera’s new, extra-thin and extra-light LCD module is specifically designed for portable devices that are used in demanding industrial environments such as testing and measurement equipment, auto repair shops, medical diagnostics and marine applications.
The slim and light TCG057VGLAAANN-GN20 module has a resolution of 640 x 480 pixels and a narrow frame. Its outer dimensions are 127.2 mm x 100.4 mm x 6 mm with a display area of 115.2 mm x 86.4 mm. The device offers a brightness of 450 cd/m² with a contrast of 500:1 and a viewing angle of 160° both horizontally and vertically. In addition, it has an LVDS interface, an operating temperature range from -20°C to 70°C. The built-in LED driver circuit incorporates a PWM dimming control, which achieves a wide LED backlight dimming range of 0.1% to 100%.
This is particularly useful in meeting equipment design requirements where a highly dimmable display is needed. Having the LED driver circuit built in also helps to simplify the design process and reduce external component requirements. Kyocera’s built-in LED driver ensures a more cost-effective solution.
“A robust industrial design can now also be small and light,” says Eberhard Schill, Sales Manager Distribution Sales and Marketing, Kyocera Display Europe GmbH. “This development further contributes to making the workplace more ergonomic.”
Kyocera has 40 years of experience in innovative LCD technologies and is a preferred supplier of industrial, automotive and medical displays. The company is actively engaged in the development of environmentally friendly products and continually strives to reduce its use of environmentally hazardous substances in manufacturing. Naturally, the company complies with the EU directive on the application of hazardous substances (RoHS Directive – Restriction of Hazardous Substances).
For more information about Kyocera: www.kyocera.eu
Contact for journalists
Manager Corporate Communications
Contact for product information
- KYOCERA continues growth in data management with acquisition of software provider Alos
- Sharp, sharper, Shin White
- KYOCERA BOOSTS CUSTOMER EXPERIENCE WITH AMAZON DASH REPLENISHMENT INTEGRATION
- High tech meets the perfect steak: KYOCERA presents steak knives with sharp and long-lasting ceramic blades
- KYOCERA designs and manufactures new ultra-small robust ceramic UHF RFID Tag to trace surgical instruments for the Medical Market
- KYOCERA to Participate in Japan’s Virtual Power Plant Project to Improve Energy Management
- Announcement of the 2018 Kyoto Prize Laureates
- KYOCERA's ecology commitment leads to Green designation of 99% of product
- New KYOCERA Electronic Connectors Offer World’s Highest Mating Tolerance, Withstand up to +125°C
- KYOCERA TCL Solar Completes 29.2MW Solar Power Plant on Repurposed Land in Japan
- KYOCERA’s New Industrial Cutting Tool with Ultra-Durable Coating Materials Maximizes Steel Cutting Performance
- KYOCERA offers sustainable and premium-quality coffee enjoyment with the new Coffee Grinder EG-70CF
- KYOCERA Enters into License Agreement with Bosch
- KYOCERA exhibited Fine Ceramic Components at Germany’s Hannover Messe
- KYOCERA Named Among Top 100 Global Innovators by Clarivate Analytics