Kyocera Unimerco offers individual solutions for cutting tool production
Custom production of indexable inserts and special tool holders is available with short lead times.
18 May 2015
Kyoto/Neuss – Effective immediately, the Kyocera Unimerco Group will offer its customers a special service: Production of custom indexable inserts and tool holders, which offer precise solutions for customers’ individual requirements. Kyocera Unimerco can also individually adapt the cutting edge, giving it a special profile for the respective application, and develop tool holders that are suitable for both custom inserts and standard indexable inserts from Kyocera.
Custom solutions reduce costs
Kyocera Unimerco has already convinced a number of its customers around Europe of the benefits of such custom systems, and its custom inserts and holders for workpieces with special contours, measurements and tolerances are already being used by numerous companies.
The individually aligned products allow workpieces to be handled particularly quickly. For example, Kyocera Unimerco can develop tools that offer a specific chip removal capacity for specific applications.
“Customer-specific solutions make it possible to reduce the length of machining passes and the amount of programming required, which also leads to lower unit costs,” explains Kyocera Unimerco President Senri Nagashima with regard to the advantages for customers. “We therefore offer not just a broad range of standard inserts, but also unique indexable inserts with user-defined chip breakers, coatings and carbides.”
Kyocera has been producing specialized cutting tools since 1973. Today the Kyocera Unimerco Group offers a wide range of products for turning, drilling, milling, piercing, threading and cutting; utilizing materials such as carbides, cermet, ceramics, CBN and PCD. Kyocera uses the latest innovative technology — with a focus on materials used for particularly demanding applications such as ceramics, silicon nitride, CBN and cermet. Furthermore, the tool manufacturing process also makes use of precision technology, which means tools can be adapted to the individual needs of users from the automotive and mechanical engineering sectors.
For more information about Kyocera: www.kyocera.eu
Contact for journalists
Manager Corporate Communications
Contact for product information
- KYOCERA continues growth in data management with acquisition of software provider Alos
- Sharp, sharper, Shin White
- KYOCERA BOOSTS CUSTOMER EXPERIENCE WITH AMAZON DASH REPLENISHMENT INTEGRATION
- High tech meets the perfect steak: KYOCERA presents steak knives with sharp and long-lasting ceramic blades
- KYOCERA designs and manufactures new ultra-small robust ceramic UHF RFID Tag to trace surgical instruments for the Medical Market
- KYOCERA to Participate in Japan’s Virtual Power Plant Project to Improve Energy Management
- Announcement of the 2018 Kyoto Prize Laureates
- KYOCERA's ecology commitment leads to Green designation of 99% of product
- New KYOCERA Electronic Connectors Offer World’s Highest Mating Tolerance, Withstand up to +125°C
- KYOCERA TCL Solar Completes 29.2MW Solar Power Plant on Repurposed Land in Japan
- KYOCERA’s New Industrial Cutting Tool with Ultra-Durable Coating Materials Maximizes Steel Cutting Performance
- KYOCERA offers sustainable and premium-quality coffee enjoyment with the new Coffee Grinder EG-70CF
- KYOCERA Enters into License Agreement with Bosch
- KYOCERA exhibited Fine Ceramic Components at Germany’s Hannover Messe
- KYOCERA Named Among Top 100 Global Innovators by Clarivate Analytics